Camp or Home made Mc Muffins

Discussion in 'Healthy Outdoor Cooking' started by brianbigdogsmith, Dec 14, 2013.

1. cma7777

cma7777 Member

Thanks shelmily! We have to try it!

2. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

I'm not making any claims as to the healthiness of the recipe. I am simply fulfilling a request. [LOL] [LOL]

3. PNW Family

PNW Family New Member

For those of you who camp with hookups, this is a fantastic little device. And if you're looking for healthy, you can make the sandwich with a whole wheat English muffin, egg whites, and veggies (spinach, bell peppers, etc.)

Heck, you don't even have to use eggs at all. I made a snack sandwich last night with whole wheat bread, a thin slice of cheddar, a little deli-sliced black forest ham, bell peppers and brown mustard. It cooked in about half the time, and was delicious.

I gave my family one for Christmas and I've been playing around with it to see what works and what doesn't. There's a lot that works and not much that doesn't. [:D]

4. dbhost

dbhost Well-Known Member

Will use low carb tortillas and Turkey sausage crumbled and browned with 2% milk fat shredded cheese and of course eggs and make breakfast tacos every bit as good or better than the restaurant ones and much leaner.

Makes the dr happy...

5. dbhost

dbhost Well-Known Member

I've seen it done. Needs a touch of practice, but it does work...

6. bheff

bheff Well-Known Member

Healthy is a super touchy word. I wouldn't eat any of the above ideas/recipes except for the one with the picture of the meat and eggs. Healthy to me is zero carbs, whereas healthy to others is no eggs or bacon.

HappyTraveler likes this.