Camp Rudolph at holiday World

Discussion in 'Indiana' started by indianacamper, Jul 19, 2013.

1. indianacamper

indianacamper New Member

We just spent 2 nights at Camp Rudolph at Holiday World. This campground has 3 levels of camp sites with full hook ups. Some have gravel pads, some have concrete. Sites are close together, but the park is clean and nice restroom/shower facilities. They also offer rental cabins and RV's if someone wants to go along that doesn't have a pup. There is a nice pool in the campground and the day we left they were opening a small water park with 2 good size water slides. They are also in the process of building a new shower/restroom and a small snack bar/restaurant as well. These are replacement/upgrades to what is there but the new facilities will be much larger. The best thing about this park is you can get a free shuttle into Holiday World and never have to leave the park. And Holiday World is a very clean, family friendly Amusement and Water park. It is on the small side for amusement parks, but it will give you a good 2 days of fun if you include the water park. The water park side has several large water slides that are really a blast to ride. Tickets include both the amusement and water parks. We love this place.

2. bburgcamper

bburgcamper 16 weekends a year camping just isn't enough.

We were at Holiday World last week. We prefer to camp at Lincoln State Park and drive to the park. The camping is more relaxing and there are not a thousand golf carts zipping around. We camped once at Lake Rudolph and we decided that we like Lincoln better for us. The shuttle is a nice perk if you are doing a camping trip mainly for the roller coasters Two nice options for camping depending on what type of trip you are doing.

3. james13619

james13619 NewB Coleman Mesa

grew up camping at LSP!
    Now that I live in Phoenix; my grand kids (and their Mother DD in-law) have NEVER seen lightning bugs! Hoping to make a big trip back there next 4th.... can you tell me what the situation is for a 28ft MH? can we get into the main campground?

4. bburgcamper

bburgcamper 16 weekends a year camping just isn't enough.

There were several 30 foot plus MH at Lincoln this past weekend. There are several big sites in the campground. There are still several lightning bugs to be seen.

5. kmeece

kmeece New Member

We are not a fan of Rudolph campground. It is just too congested. It's clean... but way to many people around for me taste level. We LOVE Lincoln State Park. It is a great SP and with big sites and still all the family needs!

6. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy Active Member

We just returned from Lake Rudolph, clean yes.
    That two tube waterslide at the pool cost the DW 9 dollars for the grand-daughter to go one afternoon... ouch!
    We got a mid-grade sight, concrete pad, 30A hook up, grill, and fire pit... TINY!
    Too close to others and too many golfcarts.
    Best way for me to describe it is a "City Campground". Quiet time Saturday was a joke, but how to enforce it with so many campers is beyond me. Sunday night was calmer but still too busy for my liking.

Wish I'd known about Lincoln State Park

7. JustRelax

JustRelax Active Member

Thanks for the reviews. I enjoy going to Holiday World and plan to make a 2 day trip there next year. We did this a few years ago but stayed at Patoka and did the wine cruise on the lake Friday night and drove to the park the next day. It is a bit of a haul but was nice not having to drive very far after the cruise.

I am kicking around staying at Rudolph or one of the state parks. Does anybody that visits regularly have anything to say about the new owners? It was recently sold from the Koch family to one of the larger destination camping companies from what I understand.

I also hear it's a great atmosphere in October for Halloween camping. I may take a trip down for the park and another for the Trick or Treating. It seems that though it is busy they do a good job of keeping the kids entertained which is what these trips would be about for me.