1. Spawndn72

Spawndn72 Member

I want a table to sit outside the camper and sit my camp stove on with enough room for prepping food.. I would like it to be easily stow able either folding or a roll up top. I just want it to be stable. Any suggestions?

2. DiscoB75

DiscoB75 Guest

3. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

4. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

We've had very good luck with the roll-up aluminum tables, like to the one Snow references. We also found one a few years back that had adjustable legs, so goes to about standard counter height - much better for my back back. We have one single height roll-up table and the taller one.
    We also found an oblong one from REI that is similar; it has slightly different style legs.
    Our new acquisition, yet to be tried, is the a Coleman Packaway, which I saw in use at one of the PUP Rallies and though would be handy. While it won't adjust to uneven ground, being able to use it at any of three different heights, and it a couple of configurations will be handy. [https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-2000018147-Pack-Away-4-In-1-Table/dp/B002YXR766/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1471737796&sr=8-2&keywords=coleman+packaway]

We're not table-obsessed, but we've been trying to tailor our outdoor area to the way we like to cook outside, my bad back, and the different shade/rain shelter areas we have. We don't use all the tables on any given trip, but we can put up what will work in each site, and for the type of trip we're having. (The awning on our TT is not as sheltering as the ones on the pups were, and needs to be rolled up in a stiff breeze. Our new screen house collapsed on the second trip with it, so we're back to REI Alcove shelters. We now have two, so can chose how we set them up. We're camping with friends in November, both of us have small TTs, so we may be using both Alcoves, w/wind walls, so we can sit outside.)

5. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Well-Known Member

Best folding camp table EVER! Lightweight and versitile. Avail from MEC: Be sure to watch the short video.

https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5041-578/Slim-Fold-Cook-Station

Price: $99 Can.
    Free shipping within Can, Shipping to US $19 (exchange rate would offset shipping costs)
    More shipping details from website: https://www.mec.ca/en/explore/shipping-info/

SHIPPING TO THE USA
    Orders sent to the USA are shipped by Xpresspost. Bikes cannot be shipped to the USA. Orders shipped to the USA are not charged Canadian taxes; however, all orders pass through customs and are subject to import duties, taxes, and custom processing fees. A customs invoice will arrive with your parcel or may follow in the mail. Recipients are responsible for paying these additional fees.

MEC is unable to provide estimates for customs fees. Check with your local customs office for more information.

USA SHIPPING RATES
    Method Order total Rate Delivery
    Xpresspost up to $1000 $19.00 4-10 business days
    Certain products or orders are too large, fragile, and/or heavy to be shipped by our standard methods. Please email info@mec.ca, or call us at 1.888.847.0770 (toll free in Canada and USA) or at 604.876.6221 (Vancouver area and international) and we’ll let you know if your order requires extra freight. A ground door-to-door service for larger items and hazardous goods is also available – some restrictions apply. Bulk orders are handled through Corporate and Group Sales.

6. swordfish

swordfish Well-Known Member

We have one of those rool top tables that Snow is using, very compact to carry in a bag, but also have this handy GCI Table
    Watch the video. Nothing beats its setup time.

7. hotrodcamper

hotrodcamper Member

We use a 6' table that folds in half. Works well for us,and folds for easy packing in back of truck,or at home in garage.

8. ShellRidenour

ShellRidenour Live, Laugh, Love & Camp

We have this camp kitchen that works well for the Coleman stove and gives us enough 'counter space' to prep. The counter top is a hinged case that everything folds down into..
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/34353216?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222228023295009&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=40971948392&wl4=pla-78914517632&wl5=9009387&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=34353216&wl13=&veh=sem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Bowman3d

Bowman3d Well-Known Member

10. West Coast Canuck

West Coast Canuck Jumped to the dark side ......

Bought a 4' from Costco as well as a 8' folding.

11. Fleetwood Max

Fleetwood Max Member

We also use the 4 footer from Costco.. use it for lots of things.

12. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

I have a set of bed risers that we take along on trips too. That way, we can used the shorter tables at a height that is better for working for both of us. We keep at least one at the lower height, for eating or setting things on while sitting outside.

tls2971 likes this.
  13. yetavon

yetavon everything is better around a campfire.

14. novagirl

novagirl retired camper

We use the roll up aluminum table from Coleman. Work great, lightweight and doesn't take up much room to store.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk HD

15. Katskamper

Katskamper Active Member

we use the plastic table, with wood plank under stove.

2003 Skamper + 1996 Toyota T100
    life time camper, Girl Scout, DIY gal.
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

We like to use the Dinette table that came with the camper.

17. Natureangel

Natureangel Everythings better outdoors...

I have the Coleman aluminum roll up, I like it the only thing that gets tricky is having it level, but I have some scrap 2" x 4"s that do the trick!

18. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

I use extra Lynxlevelers to level our tables.

19. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

We use two or three of the folding aluminum tables with wood slats...
    Usually have them setup on both sides of the door entrance under the awning...
    [​IMG]
    Roy's Image

Also have some of these smaller folding aluminum tables that are great to use around the chairs
    [​IMG]
    Roy's image

I like to angle my Coleman Road Trip stove at the edge of my awning...

Roy Ken