Camp Taylor (at the Lakota Wolf Preserve)

Discussion in 'New Jersey' started by jeanmariemc, May 26, 2013.

1. jeanmariemc

jeanmariemc New Member

Blairstown NJ

Attached to the Lakota Wolf Preserve
    Stayed: 2 nights in June 2012 and 5 nights in May 2013
    Site: 70. The site was nice and big and surrounded by trees. You can hear the nearby stream and the wolves howling. The ground is dirt and the fire pit is stone and can't be moved.
    Bathrooms: porta-potties in loops with flush toilets at the office. Porta-potties as clean as one can be.
    Showers: pay showers. .25 per 5 min. Hot water good and pressure ok
    Laundry: none
    Trash: Daily trash pickup at your site. Recycling enforced with recycling bins throughout campground.
    WiFi is active but not great when crowded

Small lake where you can feed the fish or rent a paddle boat or kayak. It also has a small beach for swimming. No lifeguard.
    The playground is terrible. So terrible I'd say non-existant. They have events like rubber duck races that are fun.

The best part is the wolf preserve. The owners LOVE and truly take care of these animals.

There are a lot of ticks. Our son had one and so did the daughter of a friend. There was also one inside our camper. They are wood ticks so not Lyme spreading but still ick.

Having stayed there twice I don't think we'd go back but it was fun and relaxing.

2. squarestuff

squarestuff New Member

We stayed here prior to purchasing the pup. I felt that they were money hungry. The site was a nice size and the porta-potties were clean. The lake was over run by snails. The paddle boats were nice. The reason that I thought they were expensive is because the wolf preserve is not included in the site rental and they didn't discount the tour. We were getting annoyed because the tour had a shuttle that was running like clock work. I wouldn't stay here again. The site was expensive, the showers were quarter operated, the paddleboats were rented by the half hour and the constant tours just seemed like a tourist trap.