Camp Wilderness @ Kings Dominion

Blkvoodoo

Aug 21, 2011
anyone been there recently ( or ever ) ?

looking to take DD and DW for a long weekend to KD and the Water park, I'd rather stay in the camper than a hotel.

besides, someone else may be paying for this I want to maximize my freebe (Christmas Bonus is $500 toward any trip booked thru company travel agent )

BJS1785

Feb 6, 2017
Our first trip in our pop up was here, as some state parks were not open yet and we wanted a local place to try the camper.

We were one of about 10 families. The campground was clean and the facilities were very nice and also clean. It was quiet and we had a good time. There was a pool tetherball and volleyball. The pool was obviously closed. They advised they will be adding a playground soon.

We could see the KD Eiffel tower. Noise was not bad from I95

Hallfamily2011

Aug 8, 2017
This is an OLD thread but I'll still add my two cents :)
We're in Fredericksburg, so about 30 minutes north of this KOA. I have stayed there twice now, both times this month, and it is a WONDERFUL campground. We just got our pop-up camper and I'm going to take it there for its "inaugural camp" hopefully in a week or two once I get it cleaned up.

While we're only 30 minutes away, and I've lived in the area for about 7 years, we've never been to Kings Dominion. My daughter is two and I wanted to take her camping. We tent camped for two nights. Then, I went back with her and my folks last week and camped in one of the deluxe cabins, which are also REALLY nice if you can make the splurge (dad was paying... lol!).

Staff could not have been nicer. Camping with my daughter was just the best time. They have a beautiful, brand new playground and the pool area is really nice as well, with a large 1 to 2 1/2 foot deep area perfect for my toddler. The camp store is well stocked and the bathhouses were well-lit and clean. There's additional volleyball, tetherball, cornhole area near the playground right in the central area. The campground was quiet, we heard the train and some Kings Dominion noise, but other than that it was very quiet. I imagine that it gets busy around certain times of the year. There were all sorts of campsites and all of them were clean and well-maintained. Obviously I had a great time since I went back twice within a period of two weeks... lol! There's a shuttle that runs to Kings Dominion about every 20-30 minutes if not sooner. We were able to shuttle back and forth to the park, cooked at the campsite, campfire, everything without driving the two days we stayed there.

Also... for what it's worth... there was wi-fi access as well that reached both the campsite and the camping cabin... lol. I work remotely during certain parts of the year and can see myself KOA camping and still being able to work from the road, which was a plus :)