Camper, campers

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by PointyCamper, Apr 6, 2019.

Do you have more than 1 camper?

1. Just 1

47 vote(s)
    78.3%
  2. 1 and a project

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 2

10 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Other

3 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. PointyCamper

PointyCamper Active Member

Do you have mutiple campers in your family or 1 is enough or do you like projects?

Explain, if you like, in the comments.

I’ll start- we have 2.
    Started with the smallest Aliner and we still have it because I also camp solo often. But with multiple dogs and longer trips, it kept shrinking so we got a great deal on a lightly used Ranger 15 and it fits a crowd.
    We can now seat 4 at the table if weather requires it and we are thrilled to have it.
    Luckily we can store our campers at home.

So share your story :)

HappyTraveler likes this.
  2. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Only one. I also have one shed but I'm thinking about getting a second shed. [:D][LOL]

3. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Every unit I have ever owned, even the new ones are all projects. I like "making it my own"

4. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

I have the clipper - a class C. It has been an ongoing project of love. I use it for camping purposes.

Last year, I added the FoldnRoll - a hardsided pop up. It has been less needy than the clipper. I will be using it for travelling as I can drop it at the campground and use the Durango to sightsee, etc.

HappyTraveler and Sjm9911 like this.
  5. kgesiako

kgesiako Active Member

We have an 88 Viking we got from friends of the family, they were original owners. Wanted to upgrade so got a 2716 Rockwood. Gave our old one to family member under stipulation anyone wants to use it it’s up for grabs and if they don’t want it anymore it comes back to us. Both are garage kept so we are lucky both in excellent shape.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    HappyTraveler and Sjm9911 like this.
  6. kgesiako

kgesiako Active Member

49E00406-7542-41DA-9A53-B2AABACA4C37.jpeg

HappyTraveler and Karen in Iowa like this.
  7. Dingit

Dingit Well-Known Member

I just love how that Viking goes with the siding on the house! :)

I have a 2012 popup slide-in camper (bought new--but still needed customization) and a recently acquired 2008 popup trailer (that while usable with all systems functional, also needed some upgrades).

A camper is never not a project. There is always something to upgrade. Otherwise they'd only be fun for camping!

HappyTraveler and kgesiako like this.
  8. CamperChrissy

CamperChrissy Well-Known Member

Weird to say this, but I currently have two. We bought a HW PUP last fall, which we'll use. We still have the smaller 10-foot PUP and are planning to sell it very soon. Didn't want to try selling it last fall.

PointyCamper and HappyTraveler like this.
  9. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Well-Known Member

Just 1 now. At one point I actually had 3: the current Duck, the ‘66 Apache Raven it replaced, and a junker I got for free. I bought the Duck over the winter and waited till spring to off-load the other two when demand was higher.

10. gladecreekwy

gladecreekwy Well-Known Member

Recently bought a TT but kept the pup. Just couldn’t part with it. Finally got it just the way I want. Lucky to have a place to park both. We use it to get into spots we can’t take the TT

11. CeeDub

CeeDub New Member

We have 2...now

We have our 30 footer parked on a permanent site. I missed traveling around, so have be tenting the last few years to supplement trip to the trailer. I got sick of the set and take down time with the tent, so we got an a-frame this winter! Can't wait to get out on the road!

12. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

Technically, we own two campers. When we bought the TT we gave the Pup to DD #2, but I never transferred the title.

13. Eric Webber

Eric Webber Active Member

I wish but there wouldn’t be anywhere to store it. The closest I have come is to occasionally buy an old beater for parts but I strip it and sell it to a scrapper within a few days.

14. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Let's put it this way...I wish I could have 2. I would like an a frame for my solo trips with just one dog and my current popup for when I have my family with me or multiple dogs. Sadly even if I could find a cheap A frame I would pay double my current storage costs which are already rediculous. Not to mention double the maintenance costs, double the property tax, and inspection costs required for this area. I stared at the A frame for hours years ago, poor sales guy felt for sure he had a sure sale, but when I started to think of my family who camp with me, I knew it wouldn't work. But gosh Darn it I would love to have a 15 second set up time vrs the 35 min when it's just me. Especially in inclement weather.

15. Dingit

Dingit Well-Known Member

If I could find an Apache Raven that was half-way decent, I'd dump the Fleetwood in a heartbeat and tow the Apache behind my truck camper. That would be the perrrfect setup.

16. Jeep Guy

Jeep Guy Active Member

I own just one camper. While it is in good shape and everything works, it seems to be a never ending project. After each camping trip, there is always a little maintenance that needs to be done on it and it costs money constantly. I also only have storage space for just one camper.

17. KnitWit

KnitWit New Member

I have 2. First I rescued a 1972 Shasta 17' foot camp and renovated it and I used that camper for the past 5 years. Now I just purchased a 2016 Aliner Scout Base that I will be using primarily for my camping. I generally camp solo (my husband hates camping) and just occasionally get the opportunity to bring my granddaughters along. I'm hoping the Aliner will be an easier camper for me to tow and set up.

18. KnitWit

KnitWit New Member

I have 2. First I rescued a 1972 Shasta 17' camper and renovated it and I used that camper for the past 5 years. Now I just purchased a 2016 Aliner Scout Base that I will be using primarily for my camping. I generally camp solo (my husband hates camping) and just occasionally get the opportunity to bring my granddaughters along. I'm hoping the Aliner will be an easier camper for me to tow and set up.

19. lucky13don

lucky13don Active Member

Own 1 now, and looking for a project.

20. shuang2

shuang2 Well-Known Member

I have two, an Aframe, Chalet XL 1940 and a Cargo converted camper 7X14
    DSC_078211.jpg
    DSC_01261.jpg

Last edited: May 4, 2019