Camper flooring glue info needed

Discussion in 'Camper Restoration Projects' started by JOlvera, Apr 2, 2017.

1. JOlvera

JOlvera New Member

My girlfriend and I are redoing our 1991 Coleman popup flooring and need input. We have vinyl plank flooring and would like to glue it down for extra support. We ripped out the old vinyl sheet flooring, but some of it is still stuck to the plywood floor. What type of glue would you suggest we use to help the new flooring stick to what's left of the vinyl AND the plywood? We are located in Indiana so temps vary between 90s in summer and single digits in winter. We also get plenty of rain and humidity so moisture is another concern. Thanks in advance!

2. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

I can tell you for sure do NOT use Gorilla glue!

I used it successfully in a previous camper, where I laid the tile over the old floor. Tried it with our current one, which we ripped up the old linoleum and it swelled up like spray foam insulation. :shocked:

3. bigmajestic

bigmajestic New Member

Your local home store will have a variety of vinyl adhesives. Some you apply with a trowel and you can even get it in a tube that you use with a caulk gun. I laid down a vinyl sheet in mine and used liquid nails construction adhesive and spread it with a trowel. It's holding very well. Read the directions of the glue, some you have to let set for 10-20 minutes to let it become tacky. Hope this helps. Hint, if you ever have to do it again, leave the old vinyl floor down and trim any loose pieces away and lay on top of it, glue sticks really good to a smooth surface, not so well to OSB.

Hope this helps.

Orchid likes this.
  4. theseus

theseus Centerville, OH

I redid the stepper door on my coleman with vinyl wood plank. I can tell you construction adhesive works very well..

5. Cameron

Cameron Member