Camper funnel cakes

Discussion in 'I Smell Something Cooking!' started by Campit, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Campit

Campit EAT SLEEP CAMP

Hello everyone. I'm still around. I have another recipe that I want to share with you. If you're like me, I'm a big fan of funnel cakes! I carry along my own recipe and can enjoy them while we are camping. Now I don't have to wait to get them at festivals.

Funnel Cakes

3 larges eggs, beaten
    1/4 cup sugar or Splenda
    2 cups milk
    3 2/3 cups all purpose flour
    1/2 tsp. salt
    2 tsp. baking powder
    1 tsp.vanilla
    Vegetable oil

Beat eggs and sugar together. Then add the milk slowly - beat. Add the dry ingredients, beat until smooth and creamy. Add vanilla. Stir. Heat oil until hot but not too hot! I usually throw a little pinch of flour in the oil and if it starts sizzling, it's ready for the batter. Use a funnel. Put batter in funnel, with your finger over the hole at the bottom of funnel. Slowly move your finger from the hole while swirling the batter in the oil. Turn over when lightly brown and cook until it's lightly brown on that side. Remove and place on paper towels to dry. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar or powered sugar. Cut up fresh fruit such as strawberries are great on top as well. Set back and enjoy!

2. pandpcamper

pandpcamper Lifetime camper, newer to pup

Sounds really good! May try that sometime.

3. AZbubs

AZbubs Member

Keep the batter in a squeeze bottle and it is really easy-peasy! [;)]

4. jjkach

jjkach New Member

Sure have missed seeing your posts! Glad to see your still around! :) Gonna try these. Sure looks good.
    We went to the fair and had these and tried some red velvet funnel cakes with cream cheese. Both were pretty good!