"Camper King" sheets

mopup27

Jun 8, 2020
One bunk is a camper king 70x80.
I don't want to order special sized, expensive sheets. Has anyone used a queen sheet set with success? I'm sure the flat sheet would be fine, but is the fitted sheet too tight? I thought it may work because of the thin mattress. I don't want to put a king size on it and have a baggy fitted sheet.

The other bunk is normal queen sized 60x80.

What have you all found that you liked?

Toedtoes

Super Active Member
May 28, 2018
California
A fitted king sheet would be 78*80 vs the queen at 60*80. 10 inches short is not going to fit well at all - the thin mattress doesn't make it fit better unfortunately.

You could use the king fitted or even a flat sheet and "tighten" the corners with sheet fasteners. Get the ones with the 3 hooks, not the 2 hooks.

firepit

Super Active Member
Feb 26, 2020
You can tuck the extra under...We have dogs so we are removing them after every trip anyway to wash them.
After 10 min ours are covered in dog hair.

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
Sorry, no luck for me, mine are chepo king sheets from amazon. I cant get them to lay nice, and when i actually get them looking ok , the kido messes it up.

world traveler

Oct 23, 2015
We use regular king. They are a bit bulky and need to be tucked in. Someone mentioned trying jersey queen and they fit nice but lifted all 4 corners up when we get off the bed. The corners stayed up for some time after so we decided against.

Sneezer

Super Active Member
Aug 8, 2015
DFW, TX
I just use King sheets. They aren't too bad but a good deal is tucked under. A queen top sheet would be better but I got mine on clearance and I am too cheap to get others all I live with it.

Camper054

Jul 23, 2019
Indiana
I am the same, bed sizes are 71x78 and 48x78 in my camper. The king size sheet is 76x80 and other (queen, full/double) doesn't work for the other one as well. I also put a king size sheet in my larger bed and a queen in the smaller one (no full size sheet at home). But they sag and doesn't look 'neat'. I am also thinking of getting some straps to hold them tightly in place. Any other ideas?