Camper skirt

Discussion in 'Canvas / Awnings / Add a Rooms / Tarps / Tents' started by kdavison, Jul 6, 2009.

1. kdavison

kdavison New Member

Got our "new to us" Jayco Eagle 12 home Saturday and ready to roll! [PU] [:D]
    Question........ [?:~{]
    Does anyone know how to make your own camper skirt to go around the bottom of the PUP during winter camping time to help with the cold? A homemade mod that wouldn't add a lot of additional weight when packed up and traveling?
    I've found the ones you can purchase, but oh my are they expensive. I've been searching and searching [RTM] for mods, but haven't had any luck. [:!]
    Thanks!

2. Tekboy46

Tekboy46 Member

Xolthrax, I believe, made some skirts a while back that go around the bunkends and hang to the ground to help with cold. Do a search... it will be an older thread. I think a few others have made these too. As far as I know, no one has made skirts for the actual camper box-to-ground area. The bunkend skirts got rave reviews from those who made them as I recall.

3. daddyzgrl1

daddyzgrl1 I'd rather be camping!!!

some have made the bunk end skirts by using snap buttons and tarps, but if you are talking about it going around the frame and stuff I just had the though of those plastic polotician signs that show up everywhere around election time. [;)]

4. Tomminny

Tomminny 2004 Jayco Qwest 10K

I have a skirt that came with the Screenhouse that came with my PUP. It has never been attached and has a bunch of snaps that have to be attached to the PUP before we use it. It is supposed to keep the bugs from coming under the camper and into the screenhouse.
    That said, there must be some skirting out there.....
    Good luck!
    Tom