Camper stove

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by firepit, Mar 23, 2020.

1. firepit

firepit Well-Known Member

How many of you have actually cooked on your stove inside your camper?
    I have never used mine on my last two pop ups
    Even if its raining i cook under the canopy.

2. burtonfamily101

burtonfamily101 Member

Same ive never used it, lucky enough my is one the removable ones that you can mount outside. I just always leave at home and use the campchef oven or grill depending on how many people I camp with.

Melissa Freeman likes this.
  3. bheff

bheff Well-Known Member

4. Dingit

Dingit Well-Known Member

One way that my popup trailer is an upgrade from my popup truck camper is the stove. The TC has a 2 burner cooktop. It is cramped and low power and I use it (but will often set up a camp stove on a picnic table outside). The trailer has 3 burners and an OVEN. I use them. I also use the flop-out stove on the outside of the trailer.

Don't ask me to face the morning cold without a cup of coffee in the morning. Just don't. Coffee first, THEN going outside.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  5. Arlyn Aronson

Arlyn Aronson Well-Known Member

We "cook out" as much as possible. Mostly on a picnic table or a table we bring. Porkies fall camp c (DL).jpg

6. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

same here very seldom use the stove top...

I have the COLEMAN ROADTRIP Grill setup outside at a right angle to the POPUP trailer... This uses the 1lb canisters.. Works great for us...

[​IMG]
    google image

Quarters inside the POPUP is just to small to deal with a stove top for us...

Having the road trip Grill that needs the 1lb canister makes me have enough stock on-hand to run my coleman heater when needed...

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

7. generok

generok Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

I used mine inside when the weather was unpleasant, and outside on the side of the rig when it wasn't. I had no real issue using it inside though.

arge and Thomaso Cieslako like this.
  8. bheff

bheff Well-Known Member

Bought 2 of the Coleman Excursions....great little grills. 20200224_151821.jpg

Karen Gay and Sjm9911 like this.
  9. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

Pretty neat... Hadn't seen them before...

I need to get a new cover for mine... Got two or three different cooking tops in a bag...

Roy Ken

10. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

When we bought our first popup, we assumed we would never use the stove (& thought that we would use the sink). On the contrary, we found that having an inside alternative to our camp stove was a huge step up. Even just to heat water or do a simple breakfast on a chilly morning, or cook supper inside out of the wind we can encounter, was wonderful. (That sink proved to be pretty much useless, so we remove it in the two popups we had.) We also were able to use the inside stove in the first pup during severe fire restrictions, when only LP stoves were permitted. We didn't have one, so used the pups stove; we have not encountered another restriction quite so severe.
    Our cooking supplies, including food and cooler, all stayed in the tow vehicle.
    We were able to set up an outside cooking area under the awning on our second pup, so tended to use that a lot. With our current small TT, we do cook inside more than we did with the pups. We have a fridge that does work well, and we have a sink that is useful (including fresh & gray water tanks, plus hot water tank), so that's one reason. Our season is longer than it was with the tents and popups, and we do a few more overnight stops, when it's just easier to cook inside than set things up outside.

11. Yacoma99

Yacoma99 Member

We tend to cook outside more than inside the camper. Our current outdoor kitchen is an old school Coleman 3 burner stove, and a Blackstone griddle.

southern gal and Becky Joppich like this.
  12. fourhallatts

fourhallatts Well-Known Member

We removed the sink and stove in our pup. It was not in good shape and we needed the room (ours is only an 8 ft. box). We cook outside either on our Coleman Roadtrip grill or over our campfire.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    Becky Joppich likes this.
  13. firepit

I like the can cooker for soups...The pit boss table grill for steaks...And electric cook top for breakfast.
    Burgers and dogs go right on the camground fire pit/grill.

14. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

DW used the cooktop in the Pup all the time. She likes to cook so we also bought a counter top oven that should would use to bake pies and stuff. Now with the TT we have a three-burner range with oven and a built-in microwave. Still have the counter top oven that we normally set up outside and portable gas grill for grilling meat.

15. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Well-Known Member

I “cooked” inside for the first time this last trip a few weeks ago. Rain won’t push me inside but sub-freezing temperatures may. I used the stove inside to heat water in a kettle for coffee and ramen and used a stovetop toaster for bagels and reheating pizza for my son.

4BC7A72A-5F78-4F62-9384-AC37B78CD121.jpeg

16. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

I removed the stove. Replaced the countertop as well since mine had a huge hole for the stove to sit in. Tried to use it outside but was less than impressed. Cut off the hose and modded it onto my Coleman road trip to work off the low pressure port.

Now I use a camp chef weekender, Blackstone single burner griddle, Weber Q1200 grill and a camp chef oven for my outdoor cooking needs. All my cooking is done outside anyway.

17. firepit

The pit boss is my favorite...Uses hardly any charcoal and the built in fan and cover is a nice feature.

Attached Files:

18. Arlyn Aronson

Arlyn Aronson Well-Known Member

I should have included they we cook most of our main dishes over the camp fire. Breakfast is on the white gas stove.

19. FARfetched

FARfetched Well-Known Member

Heating up a kettle on a cool morning in the pup is the way to go. Warms things up inside, and what hot water doesn't go into a French press for coffee goes into a pump pot for other warm drinks and/or dishes.

Karen Gay and kitphantom like this.
  20. Pcolawinger

Pcolawinger New Member

I will only use the camper’s stove to boil water, as I dislike food smells lingering inside...outside, I use a Camp Chef stove with built in oven. The burners are high temp and the oven gets between 350° and 400° And is big enough to bake biscuits and such, plus all the heat stays outside where it belongs... B6A89C58-B9E1-46A1-9B24-FD43EAA651DC.jpeg