Camper sway?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by mrootes, Jul 9, 2011.

1. mrootes

mrootes 2009 Rockwood Freedom 1940LTD

Were out camping right now and I have a small concern. Once cranked up and the awning out with the door down, and everything level, the top of the pup seems to have slightly swayed so it makes the door not open. Is the awning making this happen since out awning posts fasten to the camper rather than rest on the ground?

I'm sure the camper is level but why is the top leaning some? Our door isn't working properly as a result.

2. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

I think the roof could be pulled slightly out of plumb by the awning hanging on one side like that.

3. Flyfisherman

Flyfisherman New Member

Don't know about awnings poles that attach to the camper but where those poles are straight to the ground and then the awning tied off to something for security too tightly, has been known to pull the roof off center.

4. NYgranny

NYgranny New Member

It always seems to me that our roof lists to the awning side when the awning is deployed, but we can still open the door. Is your roof up ALL THE WAY? Maybe an extra , even partial crank will give you enough room to open the door? I'm not sure---just my [2C]

5. cico7

cico7 Friend request denied.

I read this thinking you should not be going down the road with the awning deployed until I got to the part about opening the door. ... I am thinking the awning is pulled down too tight pushing the frame down against the top of the door.

6. rabird

rabird Howdy!

not sure what your door issues are.

I tighten my Shepard poles to reduce roof movement.

7. papachaz

papachaz New Member

maybe you need to check the roof adjustment? when raised all the way, each corner is supposed to be the same height, well there are acceptable differences. i think they vary from one make to another, but i'd check that too