Camper upgrade

Discussion in 'Checkout My Rig !' started by supton, Aug 10, 2014.

1. supton

supton New Member

Happened to catch this right after it went up on CL. 1997 Starcraft Classic 1224. 12 box, King bed, fridge, heat. Doesn't have the ac I wanted, doesn't have brakes (!), the spae is 17 years old (but the regular tires are one year old), the ac brace is wonky and it turns out that fridge doesn't work. Few other things to fix, but I think nothing major.

Coming home. The tongue is too low, but the drawbar is adjustable and I can easily correct that later.
    [​IMG]

I put it up quickly, took a few photos, then put it down as it started thundering.
    [​IMG]

With any luck we will take a trip in a couple of weeks to the cape, and this fall up to Bar Harbor. This should be a nice upgrade from out 8' box pup!

2. pixel

pixel Campers: Nature's way of feeding mosquitoes. Unkn.

Congrats on your new rig!!! The Cape is nice, book sites now as they are getting harder to come by this time of year. Shawme-Crowell usually has spots available.

Hope you can make some of the New England Fall Rallies planned. Last I heard, there was still space at the VT rally.

Pixel

3. Sonshine

Sonshine Member

Congrats on the upgrade!! Bar Harbor is nice in the fall. My favorite vacation spot!! Spent many vacations there. If you havent been there and need info let me know. Good luck

4. supton

supton New Member

When I was a kid we used to go yearly up to Surrey. Get this, the first year we went, it rained for 12 days out of the 14 we were there. And we were in a pup! Mom and dad changed to a heated TT the next year iirc. I've spent lots of time up there, Elseworth, Bangor, etc. long drive but totally worth it.

5. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Congrats .......

6. Heady

Heady Active Member

Congrats!!