Campground charges

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by Halford, Apr 9, 2012.

1. cwolfman13

cwolfman13 Active Member

[LOL] [LOL] [LOL] .....very true! Actually picked that shirt up on a business trip a few years ago. My previous company had coorporate HC in Seattle so I traveled out there pretty frequently. Actually, that was always fun....I have some family there and DW grew up in Isaquah, WA....we used to make a trip out of it when I had to go for work....ultimately her parents moved from the Seattle area to Tuscon, so DW stopped going with me [:(] . I don't even know why they own a home....they're always on the road to somewhere.....dang I can't wait 'till I retire.

2. mr pep

mr pep Member

1 site where I like to go charges for 2 adults and 2 childrenn any adults after that are extra charge, I think its like 2.00 per adult.

3. rawlus

rawlus New Member

their other brewery is in portsmouth NH, about an hour from me.

4. cwolfman13

cwolfman13 Active Member

Actually, it's an interesting POD. When we started shopping for the p'up, we were long time tent campers and backpackers...we found that we were doing a lot more tent camping than backpacking and wanted to upgrade that gear, especially with DS. Our reason for wanting a p'up really didn't have much to do with $$ or TV or anything...we just wanted that tent feeling but wanted to be off the ground and have a few extra amenities.

When we went into the dealership to have a look and to start figuring out what floorplan, etc....he said, "oh...looking into getting into some RVing huh?" I looked at him and said, "no....I just want to look at the pop ups...we just need to get off the ground when we're camping." He just kind of looked at me blankly with that, ooooh k kind of look [LOL] . It's interesting, because I never really perceived the p'up to be an "RV". I always perceived the p'up to be the ultimate tent, just happend to be on wheels [8D] . I guess perception really is everything. I mean technically, a p'up is an RV....so I must be RVing whether I'm camped out in a mountain forest doing a bit of fishing or at the RV resort just off the vegas strip....very interesting indeed that whole perception thing.

5. Melvin

Melvin New Member

Also I've found that the places with coin showers tend to cycle a lot faster. When people aren't paying for the water they can kind of, luxuriate, in the stream.

6. RonB

RonB New Member

KOA cn come up with crazy seasonal variations. We drove about 5,000 miles last year from SE Kansas to Glacier. We were near the end of the season but still saw KOA rates as high as $70. That is why we use our Senior NP Pass 90% of the time.

RonB

7. screwballl

screwballl Stimulus Package

we stayed at our first KOA for mothers day weekend and after looking at the receipt, they charge per person, so in our case it was 2 adults and 2 kids. I had to go back up and see why there were extra charges, apparently all KOAs charge this way. NEVER AGAIN!

8. CampingGranny

CampingGranny New Member

I remember camping in our first pup at Fort Wilderness in Disney World (probably about 1986) and it cost $30.00 a night. I thought at the time that it was outrageous...but then again, they swept out the fire pit every night. I wonder how much it costs now.