Campground reviews

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by speckhunter80, Jul 6, 2014.

1. speckhunter80

speckhunter80 Well-Known Member

With all the site members that went camping this weekend I have only seen one new campground review. Please go to this board http://www.popupportal.com/index.php?board=303.0 or this one http://www.popupportal.com/index.php?board=304.0 and find your State or Province and post a review of the campground you stayed at. You will be doing a favor for your fellows campers. :)

2. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

^^^Agree completely.^^^

We often see people make posts where they ask if anyone knows anything about a certain campground. These reviews help to meet that need. One caution though: please don't just say you liked it or hated it. What one person likes another may dislike. Please describe what it was about the campground that you liked or disliked and tell us a bit about the facility in general. The more info you add the more useful the review will be to someone else.

3. Yooperwannabe

Yooperwannabe Active Member

I have made this same request before, then I fall short when doing reviews myself. I will post a review of few campgrounds that I have gone to this season, ones that I have not reviewed yet.

4. SPopupFamily

SPopupFamily New Member

I am doing reviews of all campgrounds we go to on my blog (with pictures!). Rather than re-type everything and upload pictures again am I allowed to post a link to my blog?

5. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

You could just copy/paste the text into a post. I think that most of us prefer to read here than go to a link.

6. speckhunter80

To me a good review tells about the campground, how many sites, how many with water electric, how many showers, how close sites are to each other, size of sites. Just your general impressions of the campground. Activities/attractions in and around the campground. What sites in your opinion are good sites and what are bad sites and why. Maybe a restaurant or two recommendation if there are some. Where is the closest place to get supplies. A review should be all the things you would want to know if you were considering going to that campground.

7. ppsage

ppsage New Member

Agree it would be nice to have them here, but I would like the link to your blog anyway. Almost all my blog subscriptions are about camping, and I like checking out more.

8. SPopupFamily

SPopupFamily New Member

Sure! Link is below. It's nothing fancy, just mostly for my friends/family to read about our trips. I have a few friends that got PUP's the same time we did (within the last few months) and we are all learning and exploring together. I also have friends that have never camped before and ask me all the time how to make reservations and where to go or what to bring. So this makes it easier to help them out. My reviews may not be beneficial to all but they might be to some. :)

http://campingisforeveryone.blogspot.com/

9. WingShot

WingShot New Member

I am reluctant to post campground reviews, particularly for campgrounds that are my favorites. I have sent private messages to some and answered questions sent to me, as well as a review or two. But one of the things I value in a campground is a little privacy and a feeling of aloneness; telling the world where the best places to camp are in Colorado will not have a positive impact on that.

Always happy to offer general information or answer direct questions, but I'm not volunteering much on where my favorite spots are. Seen more then a few good fishing spots ruined that way.

10. speckhunter80

Thanks for being a contributing member of the site

11. WingShot

WingShot New Member

Wasn't aware there was a minimum required? Are we not free to contribute where we see fit?

12. Phranc

Phranc New Member

Yes, you may contribute any time you wish.

13. speckhunter80

Of course you are free to contribute when and where you want. What would make you think you couldn't? Of course contributing to a thread encouraging folks to review campgrounds by saying you don't do reviews because you don't want others to know about your favorite campgrounds is a little sketchy.

14. jmcclung11

jmcclung11 Active Member

Must be a fisherman...never tell your best spots! Not me, but the poster above. I don't mind spilling the beans.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

15. WingShot

WingShot New Member

You were dismayed that more people were not posting campground reviews. I provided why myself and maybe others may be hesitant. Seems right on topic.

16. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

It's your right, of course. A little selfish, but it's your right.

17. WingShot

WingShot New Member

First "sketchy", and now "selfish". Two words that have never been used to describe me before. Whatever.

18. EK41

EK41 Member

I've made a couple of reviews but certainly of not all the places I've been. When I lived in CA and WA. I had forest service campgrounds that I went to that I would never review. I knew I could get a site without reservations and they are nice quite places. I found them by asking locals and by just going out exploring. I certainty don't want to rob anybody of that experience. State parks yeah way not they are already overcrowded anyway. To me there is a big difference between forest camping and park camping. I will gladly share anything about park camping.

19. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

I don't know you, so I can't call *you* selfish. I said that particular action was selfish.

Definition:

self·ish
    adjective: selfish (of a person, action, or motive) lacking consideration for others; concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure.

Pretty much fits this to a T, right? You'd prefer to keep your favorite spots for yourself, rather than share them for the benefit of others to enjoy.

20. WingShot

WingShot New Member

You understand how the internet works, right? Not all who read these pages are our friends.

If choosing not to share information on the internet is judged selfish by you, so be it. I have no problem with that. Those who do know me have often said that I am among the least selfish and most considerate. And I surely value their opinion more then yours.