Campground Suggestions for last min Turkey Day camping?

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Kimmygr, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Kimmygr

Kimmygr Member

Hi all! Do any of you have suggestions of campgrounds for a last minute turkey day camping trip? All the SP seem to be booked solid. If we can find a place that is inexpensive with hookups (elec) and shower/restroom facilities we would really like to go. It would be nice if it was around the Atlantic Coast or central Florida not to awful far from The Atlantic since we live on the Gulf Coast around Tampa. We kind of want to get away from our normal area and experience someplace new. I know chances are slim with the snowbirds down, but figured I would try!

Thank you to all who are able to make suggestions of County Parks or inexpensive Private campgrounds! We were hoping for a SP since they are usually less expensive, but that seems to be a bust.

2. ptthefanman

ptthefanman Member

Check out Lithia Springs Park. Very nice and just outside of Tampa. I believe they have 40 spots with hookups. First come, first served. $24 nightly. Clean bathhouses and usually very quite. We have camped there for several thanksgivings and have really enjoyed it!

3. speckhunter80

speckhunter80 Well-Known Member

I looked the other day for someone else and some of the National Forest CGs had some sites available.

4. Kimmygr

Kimmygr Member

Thankyou! I will look into them :D

5. scubacamper

scubacamper Well-Known Member

This may be too late but Seminole SP in Alabama has plenty of spots. It's just 20 min from Marianna, FL (Florida Caverns SP) west of Tallahassee. It's going to be decorated for the holidays and we'll be at FL Caverns so we're going to make a trek up and check it out for a later trip.

Good luck