Campgrounds around Moncton??

Discussion in 'New Brunswick' started by bluenose1, Jun 16, 2012.

1. bluenose1

bluenose1 New Member

I am new to the site and am looking at going to N.B. & N.S. this summer from Ontario, and am looking for camp sites along the way. Also doing the Cabot trail so need Moncton, Shediac area and Cabot Trail, Sydney, Canso area. Any books I have looked at don't list much. There has to be / should be info somewhere.

thanks

bluenose1

2. FarmerDave

FarmerDave Active Member

3. mtnman

mtnman New Member

Can't help you with campgrounds around Moncton, but I wanted to mention that 3 years ago, before we had our pup, my wife and I spent a
    wonderful week in Nova Scotia. We mostly stayed in B&Bs but we tent camped for 2 nights, once in Wycocomaugh Provincial Park, and once in
    Caribou Island/Munro Provincial Park. Campgrounds in both parks were delightful -- pleasant campsites, very clean washrooms, beautiful views.
    If there's a NS provincial park along your route, I very highly recommend that you consider staying there. I have less familiarity with NB provincial
    parks, having only visited (but not camped in) the Anchorage Park on Grand Manan Island, and the the park on Campobello Island, the name of which
    escapes me right now. Both parks seem very nice, but as I said, I have only done day visits and never checked out the campgrounds.

Hope you enjoy your trip!

PS -- Do we know each other through Steve's Digicams Pentax forums?

4. Starcraft Away

Starcraft Away New Member

Fundy National Park is definitely a nice spot, theres also nice camping at beausejour in shediac. Kouchibequac just north of moncton is also nice. there are some nice spots in cap pele as well.
    if you need more just send me a message

5. Mr_Custom

Mr_Custom Member

When living in Nova Scotia we frequented Whycocomagh Provincial Park in Nova Scotia (Cabot Trail near Baddeck) and very nice private campground on the ocean: MacLeod's Beach & Campsite, Dunvegan, Nova Scotia, B0E 1N0 Website: http://www.macleods.com

Have a great trip!