Camping at races

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by JustRelax, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

I just passed the Talladega Raceway on I-20 a couple times during my Christmas visit. I showed my wife the campground area and she was shocked to see how many Porta-potties together in one place. It looked like 10 to 20 acres of open field and probably several thousands of campers could easily fill the camping area. she was shocked...

this campground is divided into 2 areas: family friendly area and rowdy area.

2. MintHillBill

MintHillBill Member

7 years at Farmer Bobs at Bristol(August race), 1 trip to Darlington (Fire Ants were TERRIBLE) never again. Martinsville was OK, Antlanta was good (3 trips) but a 4 hr drive for me. I camp every year at Carolina Motorsports Park in Oct for a HPDE event I teach at. Get there early for good location ( Like Tuesday or Wednesday before the race). pictures http://www.creativecomputersolutions.com/

3. peter moyes

peter moyes Active Member

hello .my past time is carp fishing ,,the whole beach and sandy areas, that line like ontario is the same they are brutal ,hip waders are the answer lol enjoy your summer boys and girls ...peace