Camping Branbury State Park, Brandon, Vermont, Lake Dunmore

Discussion in 'PopUpPortal TV' started by sstressfl, May 25, 2021.

1. sstressfl

sstressfl Active Member

Our FIRST 2021 camping trip! And our FIRST Off-grid camping experience! We hooked up the Rockwood 2280bhesp to our trusty minivan and headed through the woods and over the mountain to camp next to Lake Dunmore at Branbury State Park in Brandon, VT. Incredibly beautiful park!! And it was QUIET! We plan on making it an annual thing.

2. JunieB

JunieB Active Member

That’s a beautiful spot. Makes me want to move to Vermont.

sstressfl likes this.
  3. sstressfl

sstressfl Active Member

It really is amazing. Back in the mid 2000s I used to work for Gannett newspaper company in Pensacola, FL and Gannett asked me to interview in Burlington, VT. I knew VT was up in the corner somewhere but I had to check a map lol. From the moment the plane landed in Burlington I was in awe. I was used to living in flat suburbs throughout the US! Vermont is RICH with textures like I've never seen. The winters are long though. But if you don't mind the cold, it's also an incredibly beautiful landscape when its covered in snow and there is skiing and snowmobile trails everywhere. And in the summer, other than camping, best motorcycles roads I've ever been on! :)

4. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah Gold Supporting Member

I was looking around trying to find a great place to camp in VT. So I can tick that state off my "gotta visit list". I think you found it for me. ;). Great video by the way.
    I met up with a group of motorcyclists in upper PA in the mountains there. They were driving to CO and staying at different out of the way campgrounds along the way. Meeting up with that group was a great eye opener for me. That underneath all the scary leather, tattoos, loud motors, and spike helmets can be some pretty cool people out on a once in a lifetime adventure with friends with great stories to tell.

sstressfl likes this.
  5. sstressfl

sstressfl Active Member

I think you'd enjoy it :) And yes I agree! Most bikers are pretty laid back and eager to talk about their adventures.