Camping Cantley – Cantley Québec

Discussion in 'Quebec' started by megcabra, Sep 13, 2016.

1. megcabra

megcabra Well-Known Member

100, Chemin Ste Élisabeth Cantley, Québec, J8V 3G4 [QC] [CAN]

A very nice campground located only 25 minutes North (22km/13miles) from downtown Ottawa, Ontario in a beautifully laid out area with a large fishing pond and 2 pools. Security gates are located at both the entrance and exit with a friendly staff member greeting and giving us a map and our entrance/exit code for our stay. The campground was a mix of permanent, seasonal and short-term campers with about 300 sites.

We stayed in site 41 with other short-term PopUp campers and really like the amount of space each lot provided. Wi-Fi will cost you as will the showers. Strangely we my wife and daughter signed up for the Wi-Fi and we received an e-mail confirmation but we were never were charged so I guess it was a gift. The showers were extremely clean and very private with each having its own locking exterior door separate from the regular washroom. The cost was only 25 cents for about 7 minutes but the water came out hot straightaway.

In the end the value was excellent for what you paid. Our total cost for 2 nights in mid-August was only $98.00CAD /$74.50USD

819-827-1056 http://www.campingcantley.com/?lang=en

Ottawa.JPG Wi-Fi.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  2. megcabra

Here is the map of the campground with the locations of the amenities. :) [PU]

Plan.jpg

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  3. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Thanks for the review.. I have looked at that campground a few times but still haven't been able to make it there... Hope you enjoyed the Ottawa area and what ever parts of Canada you saw..

4. megcabra

Thanks Snow we did have a great trip sightseeing and visiting family along the way, plus got the kids to Niagara Falls, then to Toronto, Ottawa and finally to Montréal before heading south to North Carolina. We have been trying to get back once a year and I hope they will have fond memories.

If you do get to Cantley I recommed a trip down the road to Chelsey Québec and eating at the Chelsey Pub as they have great food and at a great value. Plus Gatineau Park is a short walk from the downtown.

Happy camping!

5. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

If your able, you should come up for our annual Ontario summer rally July 1st weekend.. Next year (2017) is going to be Canada's 150th birthday so large celebrations will be taking place all over...

6. megcabra

Sounds good! I'll keep that in mind when we make our travel plans.