Camping Chair Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by jk70, Jun 14, 2015.

1. jk70

jk70 Member

Anyone have recommendation on some high quality campground chairs? Prefer fold up and would like a detachable foot rest but not a requirement.

2. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

All depends on what is comfortable for you. Lots of people seem to like the anti-gravity style, but I've never found one that was comfortable for me. I used to use a classic folding chaise I bought at Target 10 years ago, but my needs have changed enough that it isn't worth the space it requires to transport.
    My current favorites are two Lafuma Ellips chairs. I have two heights, with the shorter one I can stretch my (short) legs out almost like a recliner:
    http://smile.amazon.com/Lafuma-Cham-Elips-Reclining-Chair/dp/B00JP3VZW0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1434321751&sr=8-3&keywords=lafuma+chair

The mesh on these Lafuma chairs is very comfortable, even in hot weather; they do make anti-gravity styles too. They are pricey, but the first one I bought at REI "garage sale" and the second one I waited until there was a killer deal through Amazon (I had it on my wish list for quite a while).
    I also have a couple 1950s folding sort of director style chairs I bought at a yard sale for a couple of dollars and made new seats and back for.

Older thread here:
    http://www.popupportal.com/index.php?board=79.105

3. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

We bought a pair of the ultra plush chairs at Camping World when on sale and also got 2 foot stools at the same time, these things are cushy and comfortable. Camping world has them on ale now for 44.00 # 42645 go on and check it out, 102 reviews and it has 4 stars.

4. Heady

Heady Active Member

5. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

We love our Timber Ridge Zero Gravity Recliners. We found them at COSTCO for $60. They are super comfortable.

6. pandpcamper

pandpcamper Lifetime camper, newer to pup

The fold up chairs that fit in a bag still work good for us. And take up small space.

7. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

8. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

We have some decent quality Coleman bag chairs that we bring camping, and also use them for parades, picnics, etc. They're very light and pretty comfortable. They also easily store underneath the flipped-over galley when traveling - space that is usually wasted.

9. clydee

clydee Member

10. mckeapc67

mckeapc67 New Member

I have 5 of these (or very similar ones), from Academy:

[​IMG]

We used to use bag chairs, but found that we were replacing them often because they just didn't hold up. We've had these a couple years and they seem to be holding up good. They fold flat; so they're easy to stack and transport; plus, the side table part is very handy.

11. bccamper

bccamper Member

I have the zero gravity chairs with a cup holder from gander mountain that we like.

12. Bumblebe

Bumblebe New Member

I have spent many years as a motorcycle camper, and learned how to pack small and light. I am new to pop tops [LOL], (which if I have to get into a box cannot be beat!). A small, light, and industrial chair to check out is the "Kermit chair", they are pricey but worth it. I have had mine for many years, and it is still in great condition. They also come with leg extenders to lift the chair higher.

13. Byrd_Huntr

Byrd_Huntr Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

14. GA Judy

GA Judy Active Member

We carry two (heavy!) folding anti-gravity chairs that are really comfortable for lounging but not so when sitting up and trying to hold a book up to read. We have cup holders that screw on or off to hold stuff. After I purchased a very light-weight folding director type chair with a side tray and drink holder from Harbor Freight (under $26 at the time), my DH got one for himself. This is a great type of chair for sitting up straight and can easily be carried here and there for potlucks or used as extra seating at a fold up table we use under the awning.

15. FiveInAFlagstaff

FiveInAFlagstaff Member

We have an eclectic bunch of chairs, now. My favorite are the reclining chairs from Costco. They are so comfortable for hanging out, reading, or nap! Ours have a tray table for holding drinks, etc.
    we also have several bag chairs and a couple of low, folding beach chairs, one of which the dogs commandeer when around the fire. Only because they've been ousted from "mom's chair." :)

16. Shrek1214

Shrek1214 New Member

If You're a larger than average man like me, Than Cabelas have these awesome chairs that hold up to like 350 lbs, they recline and everything.....I call it Chair XL or the "Silverback" series :)