Camping Devotions/activities that are kid friendly?

Discussion in 'Camping with Kids/Pets' started by Lleeggss, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Lleeggss

Lleeggss New Member

I'm looking for Christian devotional ideas and fun, easy activities to do with our two young children (3 and 8 years old) while camping. Something related to nature/God's creation would be fantastic. I see there are some books on Amazon but am wondering if you do any what are your sources?

Thanks!

Found this online but it's pretty basic:
    http://avirtuouswoman.org/how-plan-family-worship-camp-out/

Greg Elrod likes this.
  2. Hawkester

Hawkester Hawkesnest

Awesome question....

We didn't ever find anything specific, but we are also in our 50's with adult children..there wasn't much on an internet to search when our kids were younger..wish there would have been.

We did our own lessons and devotionals when camping, especially when we made large trips to places like Grand Canyon and Mammoth Caves and then tied that into what we were teaching (home schooled).

Good luck!

3. Strikeouthhh

Strikeouthhh Member

Check out church camp websites - often resources there, and most denominations have them. Also I googled church camp songs and came several options

PU - 1991 Viking SP175
    TV - 2010 VW TDi Sportswagon STICK
    "I drank What!?!" - Socrates.

4. Lleeggss

Lleeggss New Member

Thank you! I did google and spent an hour or more but mostly what I found for church camps was geared towards groups (and older kids). Things like group games and activities. I sifted through some but most of them wouldn't work for a small family. We are only going on our first trip this weekend, I'm sure it'll be a work in progress. Maybe I should start a blog with ideas! LOL

5. whitecastleman

whitecastleman Active Member

Try searching some of the websites for publishers of Sunday School and VBS materials. Answers in Genesis and RBP come to mind- both are great. They might have materials available for creation/outdoor theme lessons.

6. jumpoff

jumpoff I'm in a camping state of mind

I liked the original question posted here. My girls are both adults at this point but I was just thinking Lleeggss how camping could be a great opportunity to influence younger children towards a relationship with our savior Jesus. How God is our creator and linking the great outdoors with him becomes more concrete and less abstract. Glad you were thinking about that.

7. Merlin14

Merlin14 Active Member

Try OLD Boy Scout publications.
    The old handbook had something on the subject as I remember.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

8. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

Here are a couple that may be useful. Not specifically camping, but nature related:

https://amykradford.wordpress.com/tag/kids-in-nature-devotional-series/

http://ministry-to-children.com/creepy-crawly-family-devotions/

I'll have to ask my oldest daughter if she has anything planned (knowing her as well as I do, I'm sure she does) for our upcoming 4-generation camping trip. She homeschools all four of my grandchildren - her two and my younger daughter's two. She never misses an opportunity to bring learning into the kids' lives - both spiritually and educationally.

9. Jenna-JustHomemaking.com

Jenna-JustHomemaking.com New Member

Rik Peery likes this.