Camping During Spouse's Surgery

Discussion in 'Camping for the Medically/Physically Challenged' started by barb_dave, May 4, 2013.

1. RockyRoo

RockyRoo Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD

Glad to hear everything is going well, here's hoping for a speedy recovery. You just can't beat the comfort and convenience of the pups when it comes down to it.

2. mamabean5

mamabean5 Well-Known Member

Very smart indeed. Last year my Mom was admitted to the hospital the very day I was to arrive for the MI rally. Being the WagonMaster, this created a dilemma. I Googled the distances between my home, the campground, and the hospital---the campground was over 30 minutes closer! We set up our camper, handed off the rally items to others, and went to the hospital. At the end of the long day, I was able to come back to a campfire filled with friends, have a drink, and let the stress flow out of me. It was a total Godsend.

3. campingprincess

campingprincess New Member

Glad to hear everything is going well for your wife.....wishing her a speedy recovery so the both of you can enjoy camping together :)

4. Bullfrog Bheer

Bullfrog Bheer Active Member

^^^^^^ X10 :)

5. barb_dave

barb_dave Active Member

Barb was released from the hospital today and we got her back home to finish her recovery. We were fortunate that the cancer was caught when it was or the outcome may have been much different. As it is Barb had 90% of her colon removed which left enough for a reattachment so she won't need to have a colostomy bag.

Looking back over the last week I'm thankful for many things, the support of family, friends, and even my employer. We should consider ourselves lucky when you consider how medical advances make many surgeries routine that years ago were not even possible.