Camping gear

nineoaks2004

Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday
Oct 15, 2006
Dukes, Fl
I met a really nice young man at my local fencing supply, we were hunkering (called BSing up north :)) He said his wife told him that he was boring and never wanted to do anything.
I ask him if he camped and he replied that his wife was crazy about camping and had done a lot of camping in her younger days with her family but that they could not afford any gear, since my days of solo and tent camping are over, I offered a complete set up to them, but that he had to bring the wife so I could show her , and him how to set everything up especially the Eureka 4 man tent and the 20 ft tarp.
They came over after church today and spent several hours learning the ropes of set up.
They left with a complete camping set up plus a lot of pointers and hugs around and lots of smiles. Before leaving he said " I do not know how to pay you for all this stuff and the information you gave me. But I do have 2.5 acres of giant blueberries and Y'all are welcome to come over in June when they are ripe and get all you want. I said it was not necessary but Mary loves blue berries and she told them she would love some fresh berries to please call when they are ready and she would be over, (they only live 2 miles from us) If they like camping I will recommend a PUP to them next.
I figured that it was better to give the items to someone that needs and will enjoy them than selling them to someone especially if it will get them into one of the best hobbies that one can have.

Tonya Harding

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2018
Virginia
Outstanding niner, well done! You shortened their learning curve big time & got 'em on a path they'll hopefully stay on years to come...

neighbormike

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2012
WI
That’s awesome! I’m sure they are most appreciative! Hopefully they will get out & enjoy!

DiamondGirl

Adventures with KODI in AZ
Jul 2, 2016
AZ
Your awesome. Sharing is caring.

My Uncle went fishing, hunting and camping. He also took me fishing as a kid. My Uncle gave me his camping gear when I started my family camping trips. That’s where my camping experiences began. We started our family at a young age and our income wasn’t a lot then. I was very grateful to have his camping gear.

Three decades later, we still enjoy camping and fishing.

Happy camping...[ALPU][PUT]