Camping getting popular among Millennials

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by silvermickey2002, Jun 11, 2019.

1. MsMac

MsMac Well-Known Member

Good fluff piece. Though it might have been nice to get someone to write it who had a notion about camping (or at least where the National Parks are located in the US). Many millions of Americans live way further than 100 miles away from their nearest National Park. And, of course, the vast majority of people camp elsewhere.

2. Minimalist

Minimalist Active Member

My dad complaint about me and my generation when I was 22 or so. I looked at him and just said: "We didn't raise ourselves." He never complaint again.

Arlyn Aronson likes this.
  3. seldomseen380

seldomseen380 Active Member

Ha ha ha...

Rik Peery For The Win...[Guitar]

Rik Peery likes this.
  4. Arlyn Aronson

Arlyn Aronson Well-Known Member

Maybe you should come up and go camping with us? :) Not a big problem here.

Rik Peery likes this.
  5. penny

penny Well-Known Member

thanks, but you live a little far away....
    It's just that NM is so sparsely populated, It's amazing that the familiar places we go have gotten so busy. So I have to evaluate why, and I've decided it's that where we are going has become the reason. For one thing, we have changed our destinations somewhat, because we seek both water activities and accessibility and ease of parking the trailer. Although we don't look for hook-ups, we do look for easier access areas. We also need to get back to going mid-week. Many of our recent trips have involved going with others who are limited to weekend camping. If we meet our son, we are really limited to campgrounds. It's time to do some serious exploring in some of the many wilderness areas around us. Our trailer is not that big, we should get more comfortable with venturing into new places.

Rik Peery likes this.
  6. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Well-Known Member

""Poles" & the circus that ensued were the result of Uncle Sammy not providing clean entertainment on post for the Army grunts those many years ago lol...I should have hung around the USO [RTM]

neighbormike likes this.
  7. Wrightones

Wrightones New Member

LOL. My dad always said his only camping was in 1950-1953 with Uncle Sam . He said it was the coldest he had ever been.

Rik Peery likes this.