Camping in the driveway

Discussion in 'Camp Driveway' started by goody59, Sep 6, 2014.

1. goody59

goody59 Member

We put deposit on land that was promised to be titled by mid February, 2015. Still waiting for title now promised for April (this month) Builder picked and contract drawn up. So no, I was expecting our build to start in February not April. I am actually comfortable in PUP. Whife is a bit iffy about PUP but ok mostly. It is free accomodation so we are saving money and earning money on the term investment from the sale of our last house some something positive there. It will be Christmas before we move in at this rate. lucky I love my PUP.

2. Davylee

Davylee Camping = Life is Good

Doesn't have to be developed too much, in my town (population 4,000) there is a 90 day limit for living in the camper on the books, though I have not seen it enforced, and that is in rural Maine

3. goody59

goody59 Member

6 months so far. So far so good. No Local Council issues. We have good neighbours.

4. finsnspurs

finsnspurs Almost a Gpa!

No more of this for us. We actually did this when we first bought our pop up. It was very beneficial to get to know the features and how everything worked, or didnt. This year we 've actually used our camper more than in the previous 2 years. Went to a reunion...took the camper, went to a wedding...took the camper. You get the idea. Planning on taking to our grandsons 1st birthday party for this upcoming weekend. Really loving the PUP. [PU] [8D]

5. goody59

goody59 Member

Well here we are about 12 months into my stay in my popup whilst my house is being built. I still enjoy living in this thing. Very comfortable. has plenty of creature comforts. It is easier for me than for my wife, that is understandable. It is easier for a male than a female. Females need their bathrooms, their wardrobes, their mirrors.
    I think we will be in our new house before Christmas but that is not certain. I am going through gas for heating mostly. I did hook up a tempory 240v AC dual fluro light fixture for better lighting. We don't cook often in the Pup, more outside on BBQ and in my mother's kitchen. We were sharing cooking with my Mother as we are in her driveway. The Pup is holding up well.

6. yetavon

yetavon everything is better around a campfire.

Good to hear from ya...

7. goody59

goody59 Member

OK, today is one year in our PUP!

8. Heartman_wa

Heartman_wa Active Member

Wow, I don't know that I could do that.

9. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

I give you and your wife a lot of credit. I'm not sure either if I could do that. I love being in my pup, and have absolutely no problems spending a few weeks camping/living in it, but a full year, that would be pushing it. Hope the new house is turning out well without too many construction delays or problems. Great if it comes in on time and you get in there before Christmas.

10. goody59

goody59 Member

Life in the PUP has been challenging for sure especially for my wife. House on track to be completed and us moved in just before Christmas. My wife wants to tow the Pup to the rubbish dump and never see it again. That won't be happening. I love my PUP is it has a home next to my new garage with its own 15 AMP power circuit. LOL

11. yetavon

yetavon everything is better around a campfire.

You Pup has become your Doghouse....

12. R00

R00 Active Member

Yup. That's where she's gonna put you when she can't stand to look at you anymore :)

13. goody59

goody59 Member

More of a man cave. That is a good thing to have.