camping in upstate NY

Discussion in 'New York' started by Barbfdny, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Barbfdny

Barbfdny Barb, Lee, Kate, Richie, A.J. and Sasha

My husband and I are always looking for quiet, family owned campgrounds. We usually stay at Jellystone in Cooperstown Ny. Nice on the lake but very fast paced, kids running loose everywhere, just seems like there is so much going on theres no time to relax. We have 3 kids..17, 12, 11. They like to kick back fish and eat..lol.
    We want to recommend a campground we found on the NY campground web site.
    We drove there just to see it and instantly fell in love. http://www.beldenrvpk.com/index.htm
    the web site does not do it justice. They have sites just for pop-ups. secluded, water/ elec.Free wifi even in the woods. Bathroom/ shower across from pop-up sites. 3 fishing ponds you can walk across the campground road to get to. And best of all.. the owners are so nice. Gave us A tour and made us feel at home. Going there for July 4th weekend. Please check it out if your near Binghampton, Sidney, or passing through. They said they can do rally's if anyone is interested. [PU]

2. bandghoopes

bandghoopes New Member

If you are ever in the area of Williamstown, ny feel free to check out our campground. Up Country Family Campground. We are new owners this year. We have been avid popup campers for 10 years and love it. We are trying to get a rally in late Aug. We will be camping at the rally in our own popup!

3. cruising usa

cruising usa New Member

Glimmerglass SP is a nice SP in Cooperstown. There are also many SP and DEC (Dept of Conservation) Parks in the Adirondacks that offer relaxing activities.
    Happy Camping
    Ken

4. jminer79

jminer79 New Member

Ive camped at Belden, I live in that immediate area. Theres also Kellystone and Chenango Valley State Park that are really nice. Just have to watch where you camp in Kellystone...we had one bad experience there in the back by a pond with a drunk moron that was swearing, screaming, and freaking out till 2am when I decided to call the police. But I have been going there for years and that was the only bad time I had, wont stop me from going back. I've heard "Guestward Ho" is nice also.

5. jminer79

jminer79 New Member

I've got 2 sites reserved at Chenango Valley State Park for Memorial Day Weekend. Cant wait to get out there and relax for a nice long 4 day weekend.

6. themetells

themetells New Member

Little Wolf Lake in Tupper Lake, NY is an AWESOME little campground that is owned by the Town of Tupper Lake. TL is located just 30 mins North of Blue Mtn. This is a quiet, beautiful little campground that I would say is a hidden gem. We were thinking of leaving our PUP up there for a month.