Camping Near Cooperstown, NY

Discussion in 'New York' started by 4bigboys, Jul 7, 2016.

1. 4bigboys

4bigboys New Member

We are looking to make a late summer trip to Cooperstown to go to the Hall of Fame for at least a day, and do some hiking/fishing near the lake. Any suggestions on a good family friendly campground? Thanks!

2. fourhallatts

fourhallatts Active Member

Check out www.thisiscooperstown.com/camping. It has a variety of campgrounds listed. We used to live in the area and visited Cooperstown often. The Hall of Fame is great but you might want to also visit the farmers museum. My nephews loved going there every summer when they would come to visit us for a week. Enjoy your trip!!

3. pasobuff

pasobuff Active Member

We camped at the Jellystone Campground last year, and would NOT go back.....along the lake it was like hillbilly village with the cabins stacked one on top of the other...there were some nicer sites up on the hill but we were stuck along the lake as we were camping with other people. Pool was ok, and they had inflatable water slides for the kids.

I personally think there are better campgrounds around, my mechanic camps at Belvedere Lake Campground, I haven't been there yet but the web site looks promising.....