Camping near Ottawa

Discussion in 'Ontario' started by united1889, Jan 7, 2017.

1. united1889

united1889 New Member

We are looking to go camping in the Ottawa area for Canada day this year but we have never camped in the area. We would like to be close to everything so maybe no more than 45 minutes away. There are plenty of reviews online but you can't always tell from them. I'm asking if anyone has stayed at any of the campgrounds in the area to let me know.
    Thanks

2. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Well-Known Member

I camped in my backpacking tent at Fitzroy Provincial Park a few years ago. About 50 min north of Ottawa. Nice non-electric sites along a shallow river in Pinegrove campground. Also electrical site avail in both campgrounds. Can't give you any more info re the Two Rivers campground--I was busy taking a course in Kanata, so my campground time was limited.
    Good paddling on Ottawa River and in sheltered waters behind Grierson and Helen Islands.

3. mandinga

mandinga Member

I live in Ottawa. There is a city owned campground in kanata. About 15 minutes from downtown. Westley clover park campground. I have never camped there, but have driven through. There are some good sites there.

4. united1889

united1889 New Member

Thanks for the info, Fitzroy looks fantastic, that`s where we will book!
    Thanks

5. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Or you could join us for the 4th Annual Ontario Summer Rally the same weekend... While it might not be as flashy as Ottawa will be, I can say for certain you'll have a great time and great food with us in Orillia. ...

6. united1889

united1889 New Member

Thanks for the offer but the kids have been looking forward to being in Ottawa on our 150th birthday

7. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

^^^ It will be one for the books, that's for sure! A great way to celebrate our Nations 150th! [CAN]

8. united1889

united1889 New Member

Fitzroy is booked June 29th to July 5th, all of us can`t wait. What a celebration that is going to be!!!