Camping site occupancy limit....

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by Jlock, May 9, 2014.

1. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

Exactly... and while they're up all night, they have the Eminem guy cranked or some other rapper guy yelling profanities in some bass driven chant.

I'm sure that parks can only hold a certain amount of people, just like a banquet room at maximum capacity, for the facilities on hand. If a park's facilities can only manage 1000 people, it would be pretty tough on all campers if 4000 show up.

2. CBourne

CBourne I'd rather be camping

Just like hotels have maximum occupancy, CGs do to. This is also useful information if the park has to be evacuated.
    Not only is it teenagers/young dumb adults to worry about, but there are also folks with large families to contend with (ie aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc all live together so they camp together too)
    Too bad when you checkin CGs don't ask you what type of camper you are, then put you in certain areas... "Oh , you're going to drink, swear, hoot and holler all night? Okay, your in Section G" or "You brought your entire family of 14 and you have a generator? Your in Section L"
    Or my personal favourite: "You live in the city, have never camped before, and stopped at Walmart on the way and bought all your camping equipment including the tent? Right then, your in Section K"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. jeff b

jeff b Member

Get off my lawn you whipper snappers! !!! Hehe. Just kidding. I know exactly what you mean, but I had to say it.

1999 Ford F-150 4x4
    2000 Jayco Qwest 10v

4. MichelleMS

MichelleMS Member

In my 19+ years of camping I'm going to say I've noticed country music and "classic" rock gets blasted way more than top 40. By the time we get our camper, screen house, lawn chairs, vehicle(s), bikes, etc arranged in the site, their wouldn't be room for many more people!

5. teejaywhy

teejaywhy Active Member

Someone who can't accept a perfectly logical explanation is likely looking for more. Like who is behind the conspiracy. But I can't say any more about that. In fact, please just forget that I said anything...

6. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn New Member

Another good reason to limit the number of people on one site is the wear and tear on the site itself. I agree with previous posters - we have "stretched" things a time or two and did not get any negative feedback. I think it's also how you present yourself.

7. higginskatie

higginskatie Member

I know a family who had gotten flak for them showing up with their four children (all under age 13) when it said a max of four people at a site in the fine print. I think if you have parents and children all from the same family, not even extended family or kids' friends, then you have to be flexible. It's not like you are going to send the 6 year old twins over to their own site. They also get flak since their pup has only an 8 foot box, so they are not fitting all of them in there and they have to pitch a small tent to the side for the two older kids.

8. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

I know of a site in North Carolina that had about 37 people plus several dogs and a goat and got a visit from the ranger. Perhaps that's a story for another time. [;)]

9. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

Perhaps Not? [LOL] Let it rip, it sounds like a doozy of a story, especially the goat. Patiently waiting. [:D]

10. davekkk

davekkk Active Member

Got my attention, I'd like to hear the story too!!

11. tombiasi

I think Pam (Rotnmom) can tell the story better than I can. Maybe she will do so.

12. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

I hope so................... [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]
    Any story that involves a goat has got to be good.

13. gzank6

gzank6 Member

Here in California as I'm sure in other places with fire danger it surely has to do with evacuation. For example we have to back all vehicles in for fast exits. Also, forget teens there are certain people that will bring carloads if allowed. We camped last wknd and it only took 6 young adults to disturb the whole loop with their music and partying. They actually brought a beer pong table.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

14. fallsrider

fallsrider Active Member

I always enjoy hearing stories where rangers show up!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15. hrhchuck235

hrhchuck235 Member

Goats? Sounds like the Las Vegas ad - "Just the right amount of wrong" skin-tight black leather and all!

This brings back memories of camping in Tempe, AZ two years ago (certainly not somewhere we would choose willingly but our best friend's son was competing in the triathlon and so how could we say no?)

This was a city campground near the Triathlon HQ.....on the rapid transit line, sirens all night long, invisible Taj Mahal occupants griping about our 13 pound furball in the pool area (on my lap, not in the pool), having to wait an hour in line for the showers in the morning, and the enticing aroma of grilled goat all night long - wafting over from the trailer park next door - lovely to say the least.... Never again!

16. IGYPup

IGYPup New Member

is it another time yet [:D]

17. tombiasi

I will leave the story for Rotnmom, it was her site. She may not want it told.

18. Matt O

Matt O Strangers are friends who have not yet met

I think 6 or 8 is an OK limit. I don't like it when they try to add an additional charge for over 2. That pisses me off.

19. ironeagle81

ironeagle81 Member

HaHa...fun times!! A party isn't a party until the police(ranger) shows up :) I believe that a great time was had by all in attendance and if anyone went away hungry, well...I just don't know what to say about that. Good chili!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20. Sumoman

Sumoman New Member

Did they have video cameras and did the goat look worried[emoji50]