Camping Spirits

bluespruce

Jul 6, 2011
Camping - Mellow corn whiskey. It has a plastic twist top so bottom shelf but I’ve grown to like it and anyone I pour it for likes it.

not camping - the usual bourbons like Elijah Craig, Woodford, Evan Williams single barrel, makers mark.

kcsa75

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 9, 2013
Kansas City
When it's my turn to buy.....I buy Old Milwaukee and say....How do they brew it so good
and sell it so cheap?[:D]

I've known guys like you. [LOL]

Other than the occasional Coors beer my beverage of choice is Irish Whiskey on the rocks -- Tullamore Dew, Bushmills, Redbreast, Tyrconnell. I used to enjoy gin and tonic in the summertime, but I haven't had one in a few years. I may have to change that here soon.

DiamondGirl

Adventures with KODI in AZ
Jul 2, 2016
AZ
I haven’t had Boones since college in the early 90’s… Oh the memories. LOL. DH also likes Blue Moon. There so much different tequilas out there. Have you tried Costco’s brand Kirkland? I haven’t figured out who makes it for Costco. It’s pretty tasty without the high price.

Happy Camping…[put&hy]

geo50000

Apr 7, 2015
Colorado
Hamm's or Rainier, what the old man drank on camping trips. Gotta carry on the shabby tradition! Hornitos Silver for a coupla shots.

rosieposie7

Jun 11, 2020
Whiskey is simple and my choice as well. All these other mixes with camping food just don't do it for me, I avoid the nasty headaches as well. Talisker is my choice. Husband just brought back some from Scotland for me.

aan1129

May 19, 2019
Bourbon girl myself. Woodford or 4 Roses. High West if I’m feeling like a rye. And I enjoy some peach crown in my iced tea.

Campeador

May 22, 2021
Fort Worth, TX
Craft beer, usually an ale of some sort, but if it's hot (over 95) I'll seek out a pilsner, lager, or heffe. My favorite IPA is from my hometown (Minneapolis) Surly Furious. Others: Lagunitas Lil Sumpin' Sumpin'. When we're in CO: Avery or O'Dells. In TX: Community, Deep Ellum IPA, Real Ale.

Whisky goes great with S'mores.

Gin and Tonic (with cucumber pieces) is a great hot weather drink. Margaritas are too complicated for camping, but we love them at home. For weekend trips I've been known to prepare mason jars with Whiskey sours and/or Ritas pre-made. Just shake and unseal and you're ready to rock.

Sweetpea

Mar 31, 2021
St. Paul, Minnesota
I'm usually a Scotch guy, cheap does fine for normal camping, Balvenie Caribean Cask for special occasions, but we've just re-opened the Lab for training and I've got the Quality Chemist here from Bardstown Bourbon Company so I ran out and bought a bottle of Fusion #5 that she developed herself. It comes with a little booklet of their process and I asked her to autograph it.

Hilldweller's gone uptown.

It will broached and appreciated this weekend while camping by a couple of waterfalls.

View attachment 77538

What's your poison?
Cabernat, dark porters. We're in Ely now, we've been here on a whim, since May 23d. The liquor store has my favorite wine, and the bar in town has great home brew on site.

Karey

Apr 3, 2021
Colorado
Cabernat, dark porters. We're in Ely now, we've been here on a whim, since May 23d. The liquor store has my favorite wine, and the bar in town has great home brew on site.
Pretty same for me as well. Last trip out... mosquito repellant candle burning, our Coleman's wine glasses, and me knitting...