Camping with 2 pack n plays?

Discussion in 'Camping with Kids/Pets' started by MeganMac1985, Apr 10, 2019.

1. DesertRed

DesertRed Member

How about something like this with pool noodles on either side to keep from shifting? https://www.amazon.com/KidCo-P4012-...1&refRID=DND59FB37NN9SMA0V3N2#customerReviews

2. Muller 5

Muller 5 Active Member

I saw photos on Facebook where someone took off the mattress on one end and put two pnp's on the bunk end...

3. PUPDvr

PUPDvr New Member

My son is 20 month old still needs the pnp, right now. As you know, there is a lot of growing happening at this stage, so it can be shortlived, but as it is today he cannot handle the freedom when he is tired. We have the foam barriers and they might as well not be there. Transition to a regular bed is most common between 18m-2.5 years and he is within weight limits. So it is quite reasonable and commonly used for this age still. Gotta say, this kid is a completely different experience then my other two. He is much more of an explorer and needs to feel a physical barrier. Things change daily though...I wouldn't be too surprised if we may not be needing his in a few months or less.

4. PotaFam

PotaFam New Member

When mine were little, we’d pack all their stuff in a big sturdy laundry basket. Then when we’d stop for the night, we’d unload their stuff, fold a bath towel in the bottom of the basket, and that’s where they’d sleep. Worked great and was easy to take anywhere!

For your older one... just let them sleep with an adult. Put them on the inside.

5. LucilleToo

LucilleToo New Member

I cosleep on one bunk with my twins and my husband sleeps on the other bunk with the dogs- in your case your husband can take your toddler? At 6 months I'd put them both in one pack n play together but by 10 months I'd be OK with safe cosleeping (no sheets, one small pillow for you, one lightweight blanket for you, sleep sacks on them and nothing loose or fluffy around them)
    My girls have been napping in the popup bunk without me since 18 months- I napped with them at 8 months haha- but I really like the pool noodle trick (under a fitted sheet to act as a bumper) they've never fallen out and the worst trouble they've gotten in so far was stealing the last of my milk shake while I let the dogs out :D

MaeKay likes this.
  6. MaeKay

MaeKay Active Member

It depends on your child. My kids “seem” normal but struggle with sleep problems (and sensory problems). The pack n play was a way to help them feel secure and familiar so they would sleep. It’s not always about falling out of the bed. My son slept in his crib until he was 3 (his birthday) because he would wander around the house and get into things like knives (I kid you not...climbed the counter and the cabinet to get to the knives to help himself to an orange...he’s not a bad kid, just a super smart, curious kid). And on our trips my daughter could not sleep unless she had walls around her to quiet her brain down. She could climb out of her crib at 24 months so we transitioned her out by then. But she still traveled in a pack n play because it was comforting to her.

Now she will only sleep in our travel trailer bunk because we’ve practiced enough and made it feel like home. And with a blanket over the opening she can’t see anyone and chat.

And with twins? All bets are off. You do what you have to to survive.