Camping with Kids on Easter

nomorecoop

Jan 8, 2012
Never camped over Easter weekend before, but since one of my kids started school this year, this is the only weekend he has off school during trout season. Heading to a trout river somewhere....

My question is how do you do the Easter bunny thing while camping in a pup? Do you try to hide the stuff and assemble a basket at the campground? Or do you set out the basket at home right before you leave (and the kids are in the car)?

Help!!!!

ryanjodi1

Apr 5, 2013
We have been camping at Easter for several years now. First year , bunny came to visit while we were gone. More recent, came to visit us at the campground. Gave the kids extra stuff to play with and do while we were there.

yetavon

everything is better around a campfire.
Mar 11, 2010
Western NC
Not sure how we are going to do it, taking the 2 YO Grandson camping for Easter, But I'll bet it will involve Nana hiding while Pop cooks breakfast and babysits......

pandpcamper

Lifetime camper, newer to pup
Jun 25, 2012
Bring plastic eggs to "practice" hiding and collecting, so when you get home the surprise will be waiting.

anthem76

May 16, 2011
We're thinking of doing this too. I will fill the plastic eggs and dye the hard boiled ones at home. Baskets will also be assembled at home and transported in a black garbage sack.

The hardest part will be hiding the eggs outside in the morning, but I think the bunny will manage.