Camping withdrawal

tconroy

Super Active Member
Apr 25, 2013
The only thing that saves me is being able to open it up in the garage and get in it!

lonewolf465

Sep 15, 2013
Our pup has been in "storage" for about 3 weeks. I think I have opened it up about 6 times. The LED panels came in the mail Wednesday. Decided I couldn't wait until spring to try them out. Reinstalled the battery, put in the LEDs, I want to go camping, NOW.

silvermickey2002

Morris County, NJ
Sep 11, 2008
Morris County, NJ
Yeah, me too! I wanna go camping...Sitting here at work with nothing going on and looking at pictures from backpacking at Philmont Scout Ranch in New Mexico from this past summer!!!

I would love to be camping right now!!! Yup I have the bug bad!!!! [:(]

Wrenchgear

5 Star Eagle Camper
Aug 5, 2010
Near Elmira, Southern Ontario
Put mine away about a month ago or so, and then started doing some repairs to it the next day. So it's in the shop (backyard garage), and popped up so I can get in there. I'm basically done with it, but can't bring myself to pop it down. I go in there everyday and see it just sitting there. It's calling my name === Wench Wrench ..... hook me up and lets go somewhere. Almost eery that close right after Halloween.

Unstable_Tripod

Well, there's your problem!
May 20, 2008
Seattle, Washington
Once I put mine away for the season, that's it. It's not opened until Spring. I cover it with an ADCO cover and add extra ropes to hold the cover securely during our big Pacific storms. I remove the batteries so the tongue power lift won't work -- I'd have to turn the crank like crazy to get it level (tongue is high for runoff). Then there's the fact that it is nine miles away in a storage yard. It would be a hassle to undo everything and remove the cover.

And yes, I do have a case of camping withdrawal. I'm already beginning to think about another "great excursion" tour down south in the early Spring.

Ken1967

Can't wait to Camp!
Apr 9, 2010
Ours has been away since labor day. Today we r having 50 degree day in November. Wishing could set it up:(

Lisa0nly

Lifelong Camper
Aug 5, 2011
SE Wisconsin
Camped last weekend [:D] Still have campfire scented clothes [CP]. Supposed to be really nice tomorrow, will probably open her up and winterize it then [:(]

Bullfrog Bheer

Super Active Member
Feb 19, 2010
Central Wisconsin
We put a firepit in the backyard this summer. At least I can go out and sit around a campfire occasionaly....if it quits raining.
That gives me my "fix" enough to take the edge off and get rid of the shakes. [LOL] [LOL]

Thinking I might have one tonight. [:D]

tconroy

Super Active Member
Apr 25, 2013
Bullfrog Bheer said:
We put a firepit in the backyard this summer. At least I can go out and sit around a campfire occasionaly....if it quits raining.
That gives me my "fix" enough to take the edge off and get rid of the shakes. [LOL] [LOL]

Thinking I might have one tonight. [:D]
I have been wanting to do the same thing. Now I know why!! I really need the smell of a campfire and the taste of som'ores made with chocolate covered gram crackers [:)O]

skiball

Super Active Member
Oct 29, 2013
Bullfrog Bheer said:
Being on The Portal after the pup's put away for the winter is kinda like a recovering alcoholic hanging out in a bar. [:(]
I fell the same way... I just keep looking for new topics to read but they just can't be posted fast enough...

mamabean5

Super Active Member
Oct 7, 2009
Just did laundry from last weekend's rally. Gone is the wonderful campfire smell. [:(]

backyarddad

Mar 25, 2013
My oldest boy told me 2 days ago that he already wants to go camping again, stating that he can't wait for spring to get here, that it is too far away. I had a small tear fall from my right eye, it landed mid cheek, we embraced, the tear fell and hit his hair, then something magical happened, it was as if we were transformed to the CG and walking through the woods looking for a squirrel, then I heard him say, "Hang in there Dad, we only have a few months".

tombiasi

Super Active Member
Sep 1, 2012
Northwestern New Jersey
cullinan18 said:
it's middle 60s and sunny today. i want to be camping! [:(]

Don't get too used to it Jersey boy.
Yesterday and today were ideal for camping.
Now we have to spend the winter listening to camp stories from the southern folks.