CAMPING WORLD TAKING OVER VA DEALERSHIPS

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by hvac1877, Apr 18, 2017.

1. hvac1877

hvac1877 Old Dominion Iron Chefs Highland Springs, Va

Camping World is buying McGeorge RV and Safford RV. Also heard they are buying Reines RV also. This bad the local dealership is turning into these superstore.

2. JWeible

JWeible Active Member

Happened where we are, too. They bought out our favorite family owned dealership and stopped carrying pop ups

3. theseus

theseus Centerville, OH

Parts are Parts but I prefer to deal with someone who I can trust.

Camping World took over two dealerships in my area

4. NothingsChocking

NothingsChocking Active Member

Its the future in this country -- super monopolies within mega corporations. One large provider per industry. No independents.

5. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Reines RV already is like camping world even before it was in the works. I stopped going there when they acted like popups and their owners are like a plague. They refused to service my popup and turned a blind ear towards me in the store. However the others are a depressing turn of events, but in a way not surprised. Both of those places are large and in an ideal location. Not sure if they had any new pop-ups in those locations though.

6. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

[:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]

I really dislike Camping World. I was initially so excited when they were putting in one in our town. Boy, was that ever a disappointment. :sad:

7. hvac1877

hvac1877 Old Dominion Iron Chefs Highland Springs, Va

Reines RV is a customer of mine. Yea they focus on the bigger campers but at least in the Richmond office they are pretty good guys and its nice that I know the salesmen and the shop guys. My step-son and daughter-in-law just bought a TT from Reines RV. I went with them since they trusted me with not getting screwed and since we did business together they took a additional $1,000 off the price.

8. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

. That is awesome they worked with you. I hope it continues for you if they become camping world. It's the one in Manassas area I go to and at least the person I talked to and tried to talk to left me with a sour taste. Then again, I have a popup, they were so much more receptive to the couple behind me who had the class C. One of the good things I found out from the Manassas location is that if they got a popup on trade in they sometimes worked a deal out with the smaller RV dealer on the other side of town, for them to sell the pop-ups they received. I saw it as a win win situation for both places.

9. PaThacker

PaThacker Well-Known Member

I get parts from
    Etrailer, Amazon and local rv dealer. In that order

10. PaThacker

Pups are a dying breed. Glamper pups need trucks to pull. Just buy a travel trailer or hybrid. Saga continues to self implode

11. PaThacker

I have not seen one somerset pup out in the wild or repo world.

12. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

The pendulum will swing back and popup sales will explode like it was in the early 90's.

13. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

The pendulum swinging will be the next economic downturn or spike in fuel prices when RV sales drops like a rock.....and it will happen. The entire RV industry will implode just like last time in 07/08. Emporer Marcus Eralius Augustus Tiberious Lemonis and Camping World will go down with the ship.

hvac1877 likes this.
  14. scubacamper

scubacamper Well-Known Member

CW dealerships are as independent as the sales people that work there. We have one in St. Augustine that is wonderful and though they seldom have a single PUP they treat me and the family like we were buying a $100k class "A". However on the north side of Jacksonville, (JAX) we have a CW that I will NOT go to because they treat me like a smelly, street-living, drug addict and could care less if I was a customer or not. I would LOVE to buy a new PUP from CW in St. Aug but they just don't carry them so I go in for the Good Sam stuff and parts and service. Since I live on the south side of Jax both are equal distance and so I choose the one where I'm treated well.

Mausinn likes this.
  15. bob barnes

bob barnes Well-Known Member

You are so right! I tried to shop for concrete yesterday in a rural area one concrete dealer when I called they said they had a plant in my area inferring they owned it but they have carved things up now!

16. MrsSquid

MrsSquid Active Member

I recently ordered glide tape online from Camping World. Camping World was less expensive than Amazon, even with shipping cost. It sounds like Camping World is a mixed bag, just like most things.

17. Redbird

Redbird Member

I really like our local Camping World. The prices and selection are better than our local RV dealerships, unless you need little parts for this and that...then, you might as well check Amazon or another online source.

Honestly, though, I have had great success just e-mailing Forest River and getting parts that way (purchased through them). Their customer service is excellent.

18. jumpoff

jumpoff I'm in a camping state of mind

Pretty soon you will be able to buy a pup on Amazon....and it will be delivered the next day.

Aneemal33 and JPBar like this.
  19. Fless

Fless Active Member

... by drone.

Aneemal33 and hvac1877 like this.
  20. bob barnes

bob barnes Well-Known Member

Camping World just bought Gander Mountain!!