Can’t figure out Starcraft 2412 dinette to bed setup

Discussion in 'General Camper Setup / Take Down' started by Chris McAfee, Dec 21, 2021.

1. Chris McAfee

Chris McAfee New Member

I’ll try to explain as well as I can without photos. It’s stored currently.

I recently purchased a 2006 Starcraft 2412. It has a slide out ‘super lounge’ around the table (sort of u-shaped seating). There are foldable cushion-back supports on 3 sides that fold down when stored. When up, they come to about 100 degree angle.

I can’t figure out how this all is supposed to make the 3rd bed. The long side of the lounge will slide forward. It’s in a track of sorts. When it does, it exposes the slide out storage area (the top of which is lower now because this covered it) and the back support would need to fold down, but this would be really lumpy bedding. Either something is missing to level it all up or it was never meant to be a bed in the first place. I can’t find any pictures of it configured that way, but I’m sure it’s supposed to. Anyone have this set up? I’m flummoxed. The manual has nothing to guide me.

2. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

I think you remove the table from the dining area, slide out the long seat cushion (which should have legs on it) and drop down the long back cushion.

You can just about see one of the cushion legs behind the logo on the photo below.
    unit_photo_202006130634163527843183.jpg

3. Chris McAfee

Chris McAfee New Member

Thanks, Steve. Got it out this weekend and took pics. Do you mean to say that a cushion is supposed to is supposed to go over the darn backrest as it is? Definitely not flat. 640BD1D6-8E6B-451A-9294-0637A3CDEBA9.jpeg 632EBEA7-B663-4D22-BA0D-2DAEA649943F.jpeg F8A7A924-5226-4BB3-B556-388FC3CE9740.jpeg

4. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

I would think the center backrest would fold backwards over the slots. But that whole setup looks like a former owner rebuilt the seats.

5. Jimbow

Jimbow Well-Known Member

If you don't push the seat bottom back will the back fold back flat to the slats? That looks like how it was designed.

6. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

The reason I think it was rebuilt is that normally the wooden backing is within the cushion.

7. Chris McAfee

Chris McAfee New Member

No. Those fold to about 110 degrees giving the back rests a slight reclining angle. It’s the way the hinge works and seems to be the angle at which it would make contact with the wood behind so as not to put the weight on the hinges only. There is no evidence of a rebuild. Empty screw holes, etc. But I’m flummoxed.