"Can the tooth fairy find us camping?"

Discussion in 'Camping with Kids/Pets' started by bondebond, Sep 24, 2015.

1. bondebond

bondebond New Member

As luck would have it, my son lost a tooth this last weekend while we're camping. And so the natural question and ensuing discussion revolved around whether the tooth fairy could find us in the woods or not. The TF did find us when we were vacationing in St. Louis once so we figured it just might happen here.

Many of us know the effort that the TF has to go through under normal circumstances but this particular pillow was at the far corner of the kids' bunk end with no way to approach from inside. Thankfully, this is a PUP and security is pretty minimal, to say the least. I believe the TF probably undid the side wall of the bunk end from the outside. Unlike our Jayco where the bunk end was not permanently attached anywhere to the bed, the Fleetwood has the very end wall of the vinyl permanently attached.

Well, you can imagine how the TF had to grope in the dark without disturbing the kid and what kind of gyrations went on to secure the loose tooth and replace it with the prescribed payment.

I was asleep the next morning when the discovery was made so I missed that part but the follow-up reports were pretty interesting. Ahh, the joys of camping. You never know what you're going to run into.

By the way, he did let something slip later that day about his suspicions of an alternate identity of the TF but he never came back to it. I think he might just have learned to keep his mouth shut and keep the money flowing, so to speak.

2. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

Palomino does that too, and I don't understand why all brands don't hook the end permanently. Otherwise it's just one more thing to do during setup/teardown.

Glad the TF was resourceful.

3. JustRelax

JustRelax Well-Known Member

I was in Florida with my parents when one of my DDs lost a tooth. It was the night my DW and I went out and left the kids with them. My mom let us know but told us the tooth fairy already visited (she put the money under the pillow).

The next morning my DD was ecstatic when the TF left a $5 spot under the pillow and the other DD who had already lost that tooth got a $1 at felt shafted.... That was fun to explain!

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Never play toothfairy when you've had a few drinks and no change smaller than a $20.

5. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

My niece is one where once she is up she is UP. Not to mention was very light sleeper when she was that age. So not wanting to disturb her mom made a small tooth fairy pillow with a small pocket for the lost tooth. This pillow was then hung on the bedroom wall. Mom could then sneak into the room reach for the pillow and trade the tooth. Perfect solution. Kid sleeps unknowing and mom isn't stuck with a wide awake kid at midnight. My niece never lost a tooth while camping, but the small pillow would have been very handy in this case.

6. gruss

gruss Active Member

Very good advice.

7. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

When he was young the TF visited my son and left $1.00 he was ecstatic. the next day I caught him with a pair of pliers trying to pull more teeth. I explained that the only way the TF would visit is if the tooth came out on it's own accord and not purposely pulled .

8. 3hooligans

3hooligans Member

The TF came to visit on our first trip with the PUP last year. The TF did come and made it specific to camping, as he/she left a dollar and a ping pong/foosball in the tooth sack.

9. Mogimus

Mogimus Active Member

[LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] This is so funny yet so true. TF caught me off guard twice already. The last time was while camping, with only a $20 in my wallet and $2 in quarters for showers. Well, needless to say DW wasn't going without a shower!