Help!! I need to problem shoot our issue and resolve in less than 24 hrs or we have to cancel our trip!! This post seems to be exactly the problem we are having now. We are on a time crunch and this happened at the worst time! I have one day to fix this or else we have to cancel our 1st camping test run trip! 2008 fleetwood Saratoga Problem: manual crank on PUP. Roof won’t stay in place if we don’t hold crank still. It would drop shut if we let the crank go. We didn’t hear any thing pop up or slip out. Not sure what led to this. We had it sitting open. Then closed to up, when it was almost closed, we had to relict roof to restuff parts of canvas in. We lower it again. But needed to lift it up again to stuff other parts of canvas. But this time, it wouldn’t stay where we left the crank. It kept wanting to shut unless we hold it. I have searched and found 3 possible fixes. 1- We will give the “slightly over cranking” it open. 2- “slightly over cranking” it closed. 3- putting some heavy weight on top of roof and then trying to open and close. However, my husband is worried it could make things worse if that’s not the problem. So what is the risk with giving this “slightly over cranking” method a try? A- if we actually have another problem (but don’t know) and try this method of “slightly over cranking”, could it make our original problem worse and cause more damage? How can you tell if you have a different issue that could be exacerbated by trying the “slightly over cranking” method? The person who sold is the PUP said to not over crank when opening or closing, which we do not think we did to cause this issue but some of the resolutions to this issue seem to call for “slightly over cranking”. If there is a bigger mechanical problem, what are things to look for to try to figure it out? Can anyone safely say, if it’s a bigger problem, trying the “over cranking” method won’t make things any worse, so therefore, you have nothing to lose to try this first? B - can we macgyver it and get wood 2x4 to hold up roof just so we don’t have to cancel trip? Are we crazy to try to do this and therefore, it’s too dangerous to try to hold it up this way if the “slightly over cranking” doesn’t solve it? —unless we can find a way to secure the wood pieces without them slipping and causing roof to crash down while we are in it!! Any temp fixes so we don’t need to cancel our trip?