Canoe river CG, Mansfield, MA

Discussion in 'Massachusetts' started by Vfmedic, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Vfmedic

Vfmedic New Member

Just came back from 3 days camping in pup at canoe river in Mansfield. Mixed reviews I guess. It was Labor Day weekend so very busy, sites jammed next to each other, very small sites. Was assigned site 18 at first, very small tight spot wedged between two trees fairly close together, then add in cars parked on both sides of street....deff made it impossible for me anyhow to back in safely. I should also mention this was my first time out with my first ever pup so I'm deff not the most efficient driver when it comes to backing up.......with that said, I made a call to office and they were very polite and understanding and gave me a list of the open sites and to pick whichever one I liked. Picked site 62 which was much larger and easier for me.....it was the closest to the bathroom however but can't be to choosey so quite noisy but with little 3 little kids it worked out well being so close to bathroom and basketball court. Bathrooms were clean, plenty of TP, no soap in bathrooms, pay showers that were clean, 2 pools which kids loved, fishing close by in pond that is probably the dirtiest water I have ever seen. Lots of geese and ducks so watch where you walk. Office store with everything you could need, firewood 5 bucks a bundle, ice cream and snack shop on site. Overall decent stay, will go back thanks to friendly staff and kids had fun.

2. jerry_ma

jerry_ma Member

how close to Great Woods is it?

Jerry in MA

3. mpking

mpking Well-Known Member

And I get funny looks when I call it the tweeter center. (The renamed it again this year, xfinity center)

4. silverfz

silverfz Active Member

thanks , i live 5 miles from it and wondered if it will make a good late fall trip. a warm weekend i can go here or spend alot at normandy farms.

5. Eco-Charles

Eco-Charles New Member

We just stayed there a month ago testing our new trailer out (it's in our hometown). Please excuse me if I should of started a new thread. A few notes:

Pros:

1. The bathrooms are clean.

2. The grounds are well cared for.

3. The store is well stocked and if you need to run out for supplies you only have to travel 10 minutes.

4. Cheap properly seasoned firewood on site.

Cons:

1. Tons of seasonal people who I'm guessing couldn't safely tow their camper (beat up older campers). Plus their sites are all full of crap and run down.

2. Expensive paddle boat rentals.

3. You will wonder how many people are cooking meth (not kidding).

6. Fhawk

Fhawk New Member

My wife and I stayed there last year and your description fits to a "T " lol

7. silverfz

silverfz Active Member

We drove through it as its next town over from my house and wanted to see if it was decent for a short weekend and not as expensive as Normandy farms. We never camper there.

Eco Charles .if Mansfield is hometown.howdy neighbor.

8. Genie2010

Genie2010 Active Member

Normandy Farms is so awesome though. It has been our 1st trip of the year the last couple of years.

9. silverfz

silverfz Active Member

Some how packing and going 3 miles has kept me away from Normandy farms !. Maybe one fall i will break down but then again last year i wanted to October and it was solid booked. they do 4 halloween weekend and it was full.

10. Genie2010

Genie2010 Active Member

I like it for the first trip of the year when it could possibly be cold because of the indoor pool. We are actually going to one of the Halloween weekends this year!