Cantwell RV Park

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by generok, Jun 14, 2016.

1. generok

generok Well-Known Member

This is a commercial CG in Cantwell, AK, which is about 30 minutes south of the entrance to Denali National Park.

This CG BY FAR wins the cleanest facilities in Alaska award! There are three shower stalls with locking doors, and separate men's and women's restrooms. After each shower, the hosts completely clean each shower and put down a fresh bath mat! The restroom is similarly clean.

The sites are 45 degree pull through, most are 30amp electric with water. There were no full hookups I am aware of, but they have a mobile blackwater service so you don't have to pull to the dump station if you stay a while. The sites are wide enough to put up your awning. They do have a dump station (free for guests) where I dumped my graywater tank. They let you borrow their fire pits if you want to have a fire at your site, which is really nice. They clean them for you too!

The hosts are some of the nicest people you'll meet in Alaska. They gave us info on a super grayling hole down on the Denali Highway.

If we win the road lottery for Denali National Park, we'll likely stay here. It is an RV Park, there's just gravel and power poles, but the rest is nice, and the price was fair. Our site was $33/night, which is pretty good for being so close to Denali.

2. generok

generok Well-Known Member

[​IMG]