Canvas Elastic/Bungee

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by johnhenry, Feb 13, 2017.

1. johnhenry

johnhenry Member

Anyone have any idea where to look for the elastic or bungee that runs along the bottom of the canvas and attaches to the bottom of the bunk ends? I snapped mine camping last time and haven't had any luck finding a replacement for it.

2. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Well-Known Member

3. steve7-4

steve7-4 'I'd rather be camping'

I used 3/16" on mine when I had to replace it because it was stretched out. I also bought the pliers so you can crimp on the clips the right way. Each diameter of bungee needs a specific clip, I think the are called hog clips. I also bought some 3/16" to make other bungees as I need them. At least it would help justify the special pliers. Just google bungee cords and a whole list will come up. You will have to order by the foot, so figure out how much you will need. Good luck.

4. TDS-MN

TDS-MN Active Member

I found it at my local Ace Hardware, was easier/quicker than online order when I needed it. I don't recall if I went with 3/16 or 1/4 however. But it has worked out just fine regardless.