Canvas ripping where bunks slide in

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by Filip K, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Filip K

Filip K New Member

So i have a 1998 Coleman Mesa, and i feel when you slide the bunks in that you should unzip the sides. No matter how much i try to be careful about sliding the beds in there seems to be alot of tension on both sides where the zippers are by the posts. I bought this camper 20 years old and basically good condition however i can see that in these areas it takes alot of strain. i also noted a screw into the tubing that holds the canvas taunt, is this normal? i feel like this screw should not be here and you can unzip and slide out this 4 inch section making tucking in the bunk canvas easier bunk.jpg

2. smit1088

smit1088 Well-Known Member

Check your roof height. If your roof is raising too high I can see this problem, but I never had it on my camper.
    There is a link on the top of this page for the lift system repair guide that will show how to check and adjust the height.
    http://www.campersolutions.com/home/help-my-roof-won-t-lower