Carefree awning problem

Discussion in 'PopOut (Hybrids)' started by persh, Aug 26, 2019.

1. persh

persh New Member

We recently bought a Jayco hybrid and the fabric on the awning was trashed. I purchased new fabric from Tough Top. My problem is that when I roll it up the right side rolls up snug against the side of the trailer but the left side only comes within about 3-4" from snugging up but yet the fabric rolls up evenly on the tube. I've measured the new fabric on each side and it matches. I've measured it diagonally and it's perfect. I've adjusted the fabric back and forth in the track on the tube as well as the track on the side of the trailer - no change in the roll up status. The fabric rolls up nice and evenly on the tube. It seems to be defying the laws of physics!

I'm out of ideas. Carefree of Colorado doesn't seem to have a way to contact them for tech support. The phone menu tells you to contact your dealer. Unfortunately I don't know what it was like before I put the new fabric on because it was really messed up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. persh

persh New Member

Update on my problem: I dropped an email to Tough Top and got a nice replay from Tyler Hammack (CEO). He said it looks to be "bunching on the back end" and to try rolling the fabric using the pull strap at an angle instead of straight in. I have no idea what "bunching on the back end" means but I rolled out the awning and rolled it back up with the pull strap at little bit of an angle and, Bob's your uncle, the fabric rolled up perfectly! Apparently my back end is not bunching any more!![:D] I love it when I get personalized customer service from someone who actually know what they're talking about. A rare occurrence these days.