caring for popup

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by sonoma camper, Apr 9, 2012.

1. sonoma camper

sonoma camper New Member

What are the best ways to care for your popup? Auto wax for the metal? Canvas? Fiberglass (plastic) top?

2. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

3. nancyanddan

nancyanddan Active Member

After reading some positive reviews, I use Plexus for the windows and it's excellent.

I also ordered a bottle of something called LA's Totally Awesome all purpose cleaner for the siding and top of the pup. I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but will post a review once I do.

4. fritz_monroe

fritz_monroe New Member

Maybe I'm the odd one out, but all I ever do is hose the top off when it gets green from the pollen. I have wiped down the tops of the bed ends with a mild soap solution, but that's about it.

5. dougmarrs

dougmarrs New Member

One of the first things I did when we just recently bought our new to us Coleman was to purchase a breathable cover. This does an excellant job of keeping leafs and pollen off the top and it covers the AC as well to protect it from the Florida sun. I also use soap and water for the rest of the PU.

6. Starcraft Away

Starcraft Away New Member

I use spray nine to remove black streaks off the side . Othere wise i usually use just a regular car wash soap, for the roof and hard walls. For mildew star brite mildew removal is awesome and the results are superb.

Just my [2C] anyway
    Cheers
    A