Carpet padding?

Discussion in 'Cushion, Curtains, Carpets, Bedding, Clothing Stor' started by Goforit, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Goforit

Goforit Member

I have read where a few people have put anti-fatique mats under there mattress then used a 2" memory foam topper. Would a high density carpet foam padding under the mattress, then add a topper work as well or better? Has anyone tried it?

2. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

I seem to recall some who have done that with no ill effects. I did the foam mats because it was cheap for me - I already had some left over from a prior house project so I only needed to get a couple packs to do the beds.

3. mpking

mpking Well-Known Member

I bought some AntiFatigue mats at Harbor freight before the whole COVID19 thing happened. Hope to trial them out next week.

I think dense carpet padding would a little more "give" but would perform the same. The only difference is the anti-fatigue mats are usually of a waterproof material, where as the carpet underlayment would have to remain dry.

4. Goforit

Goforit Member

Had not thought about the moisture factor. Let us know what difference the matts make. Are you using a topper also? Thanks

5. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Should work. No matter what you use. The whole camper should be inspected for moisture offen