Cassette toilet - yes or no? What are your opinions?

Discussion in 'Camper Pre-Purchase Questions' started by b-rad420, Mar 7, 2017.

1. gardenbliss

gardenbliss Well-Known Member

I just bought the Thetford Curve (because the price had dropped significantly on Amazon). I Haven't used it yet, but plan to for my boondock next week. In the past, I used the bucket and toilet seat/cat litter method, both times, I erected a shower tent/outhouse next to the camper because I really don't want to pee in front of my grown up kids, or vice versa. I'm glad I finally bit the bullet and got this. I'm doing more primitive camping these days and it makes things less complicated.

2. General Beluga

General Beluga Member

I love mine, especially at 2AM!.

3. General Beluga

General Beluga Member

I love mine, especially at 2AM!

4. SHFL

SHFL Active Member

We bought a Thetford Campa Potti before our last trip (after using a Luggable Loo and cat litter for 1-1/2 years). It was a MAJOR improvement, and we wish we had bought it sooner.

We also learned that we don't need more that 1.5-2 gallons in the top (fresh water) tank -- it's just more weight to lift off before we empty it.

Remember to bring disposable gloves to wear when you empty it -- just for peace of mind.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    HappyTraveler likes this.