Cassette toliet/shower in Popup

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by whitmw, Jul 24, 2013.

1. whitmw

whitmw New Member

I have a 2010 forest river rockwook 228 with a cassette toliet shower combo.

The toliet in the cassette unit does not pump water when flipping the flush handle. The water tank is full and the pump works when you flip the lever, but no water comes out. Is there something I need to prime? I missing something here. Thanks. [PU]

2. Campit

Campit EAT SLEEP CAMP

The water tank on the cassette toliet itself is filled? And when you flip the knob (beside the toilet) to open and hold the knob down nothing happens? Do you hear the knob making a kind of pulsing sound when you hold it down after opening?

Campit

3. whitmw

whitmw New Member

I believe so. Its has two seperate switches, one opens the door to the tank and the other lever is supposed to pump water to "flush". The tank is completly full because there is water all the wat to the top of the filler. When I flip the lever to pump the water, the pimp motor runs but no water ever comes out. It have to be something I am not doing.

4. Campit

Campit EAT SLEEP CAMP

I'm gonna to take pics of my cassette toliet on the inside and on the outside. And I'll show you what I do. I'll be back. :)

Campit

5. wpiet

wpiet New Member

I have the same type of system on my 2013 Jayco. The water is dispensed by pushing a button first to let the water come into the bowl. The lever just opens the valve to flush - it does not dispense any additional water. Hope this helps.

6. Campit

Campit EAT SLEEP CAMP

Sorry it took me awhile to get back to you. Thunderstorms. [{}=]

Here is the cassette toliet from the outside. Notice the yellow capped valve on top. That will turn outward.

[​IMG]

This pic is with it turned outward towards you. Unscrew the yellow cap and add water. Recap and push it back around into position as in first pic.

[​IMG]

In this pic, you should see water going up the tube when flushing. The tube is clear and on the left of pic.

[​IMG]

When you turn to open this opens the flap to the cassette so waste goes in the tank. I then push down, you hear a pulsing sound and water comes out of the spout and rinses the bowl. Turn the knob back into the opposite direction to close tank flap.

[​IMG]

This is the spout, inside the bowl, where the water will come out to flush the toliet. I don't use very much at a time. If you do, #1. You will have to empty the cassette toilet more often. #2 You will have to fill the toliet water tank up again.

[​IMG]

Excuse the mess. We just got back from Chippokes and she hasn't had her cleaning yet. [:D]
    This is how my cassette toilet works on my Rockwood 2280. Hope this helps you? And make sure you have power or the flush will not work. :)

Campit

7. jmcclung11

jmcclung11 Active Member

Must be nice to have "power" flushing. [:D] Our 2000 has a knob to open into the cassette and one to put water in the bowl. The one that puts water into the bowl, I have to keep turning it manually to get more water in the bowl. I guess it would be better this way if I needed it without power, but we always camp with power.

8. Brad Metzger

Brad Metzger New Member

Campit, awesome job on the Cassette toilet workings.

9. jjg

jjg Member

Maybe the hose from the pump to the toilet bowl is not connected.

10. Campit

Campit EAT SLEEP CAMP

@jmcclung11, yes it's a nice feature to have. But really not a must have. We don't use it much since we have a utility tent and a Luggable Loo.

@highplainsdrifter, why thank-you! [:I]

@jjg, that could very well be the problem.

Campit

11. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Active Member

This would be my guess

12. nomorecoop

nomorecoop Member

The filler spout will always show full of water....On the pics above, how much water is in the clear tube on the left?

13. Breadbox

Breadbox Volvo powered

We have a clogged pump line. Someone put Ty-D-Bowl in the holding tank at some point and completely clogged it. Now I need a new pump also as it seized from not being used. Thetford sells all the parts, so whatever you need you can get from a dealer or on their website. We just keep a gallon milk jug of water in the shower and pour some in to flush.

14. whitmw

whitmw New Member

Awesome replies from everyone. Thank you for the pictures. This very close to mine only I have green instead of yellow caps and ends. I am still not sure what the promlem is but I think I will look towards the clear tube on the left side. It was full of water and I pulled it out, water ran out and emptyed the tube only but not the tank.

15. whitmw

whitmw New Member

Ok, solved the problem and it was very simple. Just kept adding water and evern though it came very close to the top, it never filled. Pretty soon water started showing up in the clear tube to show the water level and then worked fine. Lesson learned is that even though it looks full, its not until the tube shows full. Thanks [PU]

16. dannyv11

dannyv11 Member

This thread is the reason why I love popuportal so much. There is a problem, members chime in, and the problem gets solved. I wish everything in life was this easy!!!

17. Jayko

Jayko Jayco 141J aka Big Bertha

We use ours all the time...that's why we bought it. Just liquids

18. Bethmyster

Bethmyster New Member

What a great thread! I'm just a rookie with a 2006 Fleetwood Williamsburg and I was wondering about the function of the toilet. The manual for the toilet didn't come with the camper and this post and thread, especially with the pictures and line by line instructions, was just what the rookie needed. Thanks again for the help...even though you didn't know you were helping me. [;)]

19. Sokokis

Sokokis New Member

I went through exactly the same process with my repair guy on the phone saying "keep adding water - yup, more water - still more - there you go!" Good luck in your travels....I'm still learning 3 years later. :)