Cassette vs holding tank

Discussion in 'Port-A-Potties / Cassette Toilets / Bath Houses' started by Milemaker13, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

For me, the dry bath of the clipper is great because I have storage room for extra stuff. :)

I really don't use the showers in either camper. I may use the outside shower on the FnR for washing feet, etc. But otherwise, I use the campground showers - I always wear flip flops and have never had a puddle that big. But I don't stay at campgrounds with shower facilities very often. Usually I use the lake or river to bathe or take sponge baths. But I'm camping and don't care if I'm a bit dirty.

When I start traveling for sightseeing purposes, I'll re-evaluate my needs.

2. Milemaker13

Milemaker13 Active Member

Greyfox- your shower set up is fantastic! I love it. We do not have a water heater or demand pump so it would be quite the retrofit.
    But seriously cool. Very good idea and integration.

3. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

I can't take credit for the idea. Someone here gave me the idea a couple of years ago. Works great!

Sjm9911 likes this.
  4. CoolCanuck

CoolCanuck Member

GreyFox- love the numerous mods / improvements you've made to your trailer - re your google photo's.
    Me thinks that I'll have to implement the odd one.

5. CamperChrissy

CamperChrissy Well-Known Member

I'll speak for the built-in black tank perspective! We have one in our HW and it works great for us. We usually get sites with sewer hook-up so we are able to use the toilet and kitchen sink all we want. On our PUP there is an RV style of black & gray water outlet. So we can hook up a sewer hose that will drain both the black and the gray. If we didn't have sewer hook-up we would be able to use the toilet for the whole weekend (wouldn't fill up) and then empty at the dump station on the way out. Our PUP also has a shower (it's the "wet bath" style), but we don't use it. I honestly just don't want to have to wipe the entire bathroom dry after showers so that we can use the toilet. We use shower houses, most are fine, a few have been a little yucky. Overall this works well for us, since we are a little more "glampers" than the more "rustic" folks here : )

6. GreyFox

GreyFox Well-Known Member

And therein lies the rub - the only time we've ever had full site services is when we've been in tourist areas like Myrtle Beach where there really wasn't a choice, as in take full service or don't get a site at all. Here in the Ontario provincial park system the best one can get is shore power on some sites, but water & sewer? - ha, that's laughable. [:O)] Same for most state parks, COEs, etc - power & sometimes water but rarely sewer so any trailer with a tiny 9 gal fixed black tank just wouldn't work for us at all.

7. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

I don't think one is better than the other. It's really down to personal preference.

And I say that having both types. :)

Garrity likes this.