Catalytic heater install?

Discussion in 'Heating / Cooling Systems' started by ImTravis, Aug 9, 2013.

1. ImTravis

ImTravis New Member

My wife and I just picked up a 2013 Jayco Sport 10 (base model), and the dealer offered to install an Olympia Wave 3 catalytic heater in it for us. They'd install it under the stove where a furnace would be (had we bought the one with the furnace). This would be zero cost to us, but I'm wondering is it safe,and will it cause any damage to the cabinets? I know they'll cut into the cabinet to install it, and I'm fine with that..

I'm just wanting to make sure I'm keeping us safe, but comfy as well.

Thanks,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2. Cant Wait

Cant Wait New Member

Like any other heater just don't put anything in front of while in use have a propane co alarm. when my furnace needs replaced that is the route I will go , no fans don't need battery to run.

3. cztardust

cztardust Active Member

My father's last pup had a forced air furnace, the pups before that were all heated by a Coleman catalytic heater. You just have to remember that they consume oxygen. Make sure to provide a way for fresh air to enter your pup. Protect the heating pad from contamination. My Coleman heater has stamped on the top of the unit it's ventilation requirements. The pup I'm renovating will also have a Coleman catalytic heater, but will also have a smoke and CO detector just in case.
    I can't emphasize enough to follow the factory instructions. Use it properly or not at all.

4. ImTravis

ImTravis New Member

Luckily my PUP came with smoke and prop co2 alarms already..

Thanks, looks like I'll have them install it after our maiden trip next weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

5. mark.sibole

mark.sibole New Member

They are supposed to convert the carbom monoxide to carbon dioxide but i would keep a CO detector in the PUP as for ventelation most pups have plenty of that already.I havnt seen to many pups that were sealed tight.