Cedar Creek State Park Glenville WV

Discussion in 'West Virginia' started by Fill the Coolers, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Fill the Coolers

Fill the Coolers "fill the coolers and head to the woods"

Well after 530 + miles to Cedar Creek State Park, we arrived !! The campground, designed in a linear style was beautiful ! I was amazed of the spacious sites, Blacktopped set up pads, concrete patios and nice heavy duty fire rings with grates. The majority (90 %) of the sites have water and electric, there is a sewer dump station by the registration building. There is a nice quiet tranquil stream that runs through most of the sites. Wildlife is a plenty but nothing to be scared of thats for sure!!! Some ammenties include nice wash rooms with hot showers, laundry, pool, ponds for fishing, country "store".
    I would suggest getting "everything" you possible need prior to arriving because it is about 20 minutes to the nearest type of grocery store which is a SMALL Food Lion. Wal-mart is located in either direction about 40 or so minutes away. We stayed here for a week and was $165..... a lot cheaper than a typical weekend in NY thats for sure !
    Would I revisit this campground again ABSOLUTELY !!! Reccomend this to anyone in the southern area or those willing to make the trek, there is plenty of twisty roads up and down the mountains to get to it.

2. ShellRidenour

ShellRidenour Live, Laugh, Love & Camp

I absolutely live CedarCreek!!! We live about an hour away and spent the first weekend of August there with several family members. We ended up in the group site just past the office.
    I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit to my home state!

3. carolinacampers

carolinacampers Nights camped: 2008-10, 2009-25, 2010-6.

We just moved not too far from this park and I'm anxious to try it out. Any recommendations on specific sites? I have three doxies who can be a little loud and territorial, so I try to find a site where I can position the camper to where they can't "see" much action.

4. ShellRidenour

ShellRidenour Live, Laugh, Love & Camp

There are several nice campsites that can provide what you're looking for, I think sites #33, 46, 60 or 61 would work nicely.
    We just added a doxie to our family, she's 6 months old and will be a 'camping pup' this summer.
    Enjoy
    Michelle

5. darren.hiers

darren.hiers Tapatalk User

Any pictures of the camping area? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. handdydaddy

handdydaddy Active Member

Cedar creek was my favorite campground growing up. Some of my best camping memories were in that park.